Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Another one I’d appreciate an opinion on please!

Article about: Hope I’m not bombarding the thread!! This helmet has also come on my radar, anyone like to comment on what they see here? Many thanks Rob

Default Another one I’d appreciate an opinion on please!

Hope I’m not bombarding the thread!! This helmet has also come on my radar, anyone like to comment on what they see here?

Many thanks

Rob

Another one I’d appreciate an opinion on please!

Another one I’d appreciate an opinion on please!Another one I’d appreciate an opinion on please!Another one I’d appreciate an opinion on please!Another one I’d appreciate an opinion on please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another one I’d appreciate an opinion on please!
    P
    Many

Look's like a nice EF M42.

This is the one you should buy, a nice Mid to late war used helmet.

Hi Rob, a nice original example of an M42 and agree it looks to be an EF as stated by Blackdog. I’m pretty sure that the stamping dies were well worn when this was stamped. The lot number stamping is very weak but appears to be 4384. This number puts it in the ND (no decal) range as this example appears to be. A nice helmet.

+1 from me, very nice helmet.
    Nick

Excellent no decal piece. Snap it up. Jim G.

Indeed a nice ND EF.
    Overall has a very nice look to it.
    Luis

Thanks everyone for their opinions on this and the other helmet I posted today. I’ve decided to go for this one. It’s significantly more costly than the reworked one but it’s such a tidy example I couldn’t let it pass! When I have it in my hands I’ll post some more pictures.

Thanks for the info! Is there any way of guessing what arm of service the helmet was used in or on what front? The seller bought it in northern France do there’s a clue right there. I’d like to gain as much info about this helmet as I can - but I realise there is probably a limit as to what there is to find out.

Quote by Dinosaur1 View Post
    Thanks for the info! Is there any way of guessing what arm of service the helmet was used in or on what front? The seller bought it in northern France do there’s a clue right there. I’d like to gain as much info about this helmet as I can - but I realise there is probably a limit as to what there is to find out.
    Could be any branch except Luftwaffe as they have a different paint color. Could be any front.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast