Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another original helmet.

Article about: Here’s a single decal size 64 M42 which I believe to be of EF manufacture and finished in a typical thin layer of lightly textured feldgrau paint. Hard to say when the decal was removed (p

Default Another original helmet.

Here’s a single decal size 64 M42 which I believe to be of EF manufacture and finished in a typical thin layer of lightly textured feldgrau paint. Hard to say when the decal was removed (possibly 1943 around the time of the decal drop), however it was very carefully done also revealing how thin the paint was and judging by the patina in the decal shadow, it was done a long time ago. Lot nr is hard to decipher but could be 6096? The shell is fitted out with a pigskin liner that is nice and tight in the dome. The chinstrap appears to have been manufactured by Otto Breitschu Eisleben, with the buckle finished in a nice blue-grey paint. A solid example of a field used M42 typifying the German steel helmet and final big push of the latter years of the WW2.

Andy
    Another original helmet.Another original helmet.Another original helmet.Another original helmet.Another original helmet.Another original helmet.Another original helmet.Another original helmet.Another original helmet.Another original helmet.Another original helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another original helmet.
    P
    Many

Great looking example Andy.

Is it yours Mate? only one I have is this rusted rubbish one to compare with EF62

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Great looking example Andy.
    Thanks!

Another great looking late war Helmet showing nice wear and patina.

Yes Rene. Hard to say if mine is EF or ET - I think more EF. A side by side would be the only way for a good comparison. And if you don’t like that ‘rubbish’ helmet, I’m happy to pay the shipping

Nice helmet. EF for me.

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    Nice helmet. EF for me.
    Thanks Blackdog!

Nice pics and nice ND. Font is EF
    Z

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    Nice pics and nice ND. Font is EF
    Z
    Thanks Zach! Was what I was thinking too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast