Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian M17 Helmet used by early Bahnschutz

Article about: Hello friends of the steel helmet .... I want to show one of my helmets again .... it is an Austrian M17 steel helmet that was worn during the early railway protection .... Overpainted black

?

Default Austrian M17 Helmet used by early Bahnschutz

Hello friends of the steel helmet .... I want to show one of my helmets again .... it is an Austrian M17 steel helmet that was worn during the early railway protection .... Overpainted black and provided with army insignia ... in this version worn until approx. 1941 then came the vane badge ....

Regards Dirk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M17  Helmet  used  by early  Bahnschutz   Austrian M17  Helmet  used  by early  Bahnschutz  

Austrian M17  Helmet  used  by early  Bahnschutz   Austrian M17  Helmet  used  by early  Bahnschutz  

Austrian M17  Helmet  used  by early  Bahnschutz   Austrian M17  Helmet  used  by early  Bahnschutz  

Austrian M17  Helmet  used  by early  Bahnschutz  
    Attached Images Attached Images Austrian M17  Helmet  used  by early  Bahnschutz 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian M17  Helmet  used  by early  Bahnschutz
    P
    Many

Very nice! An interesting helmet along with great photos.

Bodhi

Nice one, didn't know there were Bahnschutz helmets with Heer decals applied.
    Certainly must be a very rare piece in this configuration.
    Thanks for showing
    Luis

?

here you can find out more ......

Bahnschutz Helmets – German Helmet Vault

?

Wow, lovely helmet. Thanks for sharing

A really nice helmet Dirk! Probably the same shade of black paint used on Allgememeine SS from that period.

Andy

?

Very Interesting helmet and certainly looks the part. Very Nice, thanks for sharing.

I imagine Frank will be along shortly to comment, especially with the link to his very informative blog being posted. I imagine Jim G will have something to say as well.

John

Very nice , identical to mine. Jim's Bahnschutz Tranny with the tag made the link to the Bahnschutz very real.
    I remember when i got mine it was not public knowledge.

Great helmet Dirk, and the pictures are special! Thanks for adding them to the thread. Jim G.

Love this helmet ! Nice to see it again.