Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian M34 Square Dip Steyr Factory Police Helmet

Article about: I pulled out the factory police*helmets this week. *I don't think I have posted this one before, one of the most recognizable factory police helmet types, from one of the Steyr-Daimler-Puch

Default Austrian M34 Square Dip Steyr Factory Police Helmet

I pulled out the factory police*helmets this week. *I don't think I have posted this one before, one of the most recognizable factory police helmet types, from one of the Steyr-Daimler-Puch A.G. factories. *Steyr was*based in Austria,*which manufactured myriad products during the War, including land vehicle engines, aircraft engines, small arms of all types (pistols, rifles, sub machine guns and machine-guns ), and ball bearings! **This helmet is an Austrian manufactured square dip M34 shell, complete with a typical Austrian civil liner and and Austrian styled carbine clip chin strap. *It is named in the apron. *One of the better factory police helmets I have had the good fortune to acquire over the years. *Hope you like it. *Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M34 Square Dip Steyr Factory Police Helmet   Austrian M34 Square Dip Steyr Factory Police Helmet  

Austrian M34 Square Dip Steyr Factory Police Helmet   Austrian M34 Square Dip Steyr Factory Police Helmet  

Austrian M34 Square Dip Steyr Factory Police Helmet   Austrian M34 Square Dip Steyr Factory Police Helmet  

Austrian M34 Square Dip Steyr Factory Police Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian M34 Square Dip Steyr Factory Police Helmet
    P
    Many

Neat helmet Jim
    Do you know the responsibilities of someone that wore these factory helmets ? Were they policemen, hired "security" ? Never really understood the role they played. Why was a helmet needed in a factory ? An original version of a "hardhat" ?

I can say I have never seen one of these before. I learned something new today.
    Marty

- - ------- - -

I can say I have never seen one of these before. I learned something new today.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td