MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Austrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator Helmet

Article about: Here is a less common gladiator shell type, an Austrian made so called "flat brim" Luftschutz helmet. The paint is a little rough but it is complete with the original chin strap an

Default Austrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator Helmet

Here is a less common gladiator shell type, an Austrian made so called "flat brim" Luftschutz helmet. The paint is a little rough but it is complete with the original chin strap and the typical civic style liner almost always encountered in this helmet type. The ersatz "leather" liner is named, and the feature I like the most is the paper tag glued to the apron. Not mint, but to me an interesting piece. Hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator Helmet   Austrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator Helmet  

Austrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator Helmet   Austrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator Helmet  

Austrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator Helmet   Austrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator Helmet  

Austrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator Helmet
    P
    Many

Jim

That's one we don't see in reference books !! Another unique style of helmet. Possible date of manufacture ? 1934 ? Just a guess being I have never seen one of these.
    Maybe the "ersatz" leather puts it later ? Or an early shell, with a late war liner replacement ?

Thanks for showing

Hi Dave, It is my understanding that these one piece shells were designed in the mid to late War years. I think the one piece design was used to reduce production costs. The liner is the type almost always seen in these flat brim shells and is the factory installed component. Baer has a few flat brims in his bible. I have seen them in double Police decal Police configuration, and I have a shell with the large Austrian Style Police Adler decal on the front. If I can find the box with that helmet I will add it to the thread. Cheers, Jim G.

Very Interesting!! I have never seen one of these before! Thanks for posting it.

Regards,Geoff

Hi Jim, certainly an odd looking helmet and one that is a new one to me, thanks for showing. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quite visually appealing. I like the lines on this style.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

'got my "flat rim" many years ago...but I wasn't lucky enough to get one with the paper label.....v. jealous!

Austrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator HelmetAustrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator Helmet

Quote by Composite View Post
    'got my "flat rim" many years ago...but I wasn't lucky enough to get one with the paper label.....v. jealous!

Austrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator HelmetAustrian Made Flat Brim Gladiator Helmet
    Now that's a beauty mate, trouble is it will not allow all those MKII's of yours to balance very well on it? LoL. Leon.

Quote by Composite View Post

Composite, that is a GREAT helmet! I have one like it with the large Police deacl on the front, but the exterior is rough and the liner is gone. Thanks for adding it to the thread. If anyone else has one please add it as well. Cheers, Jim G.

?

Something I have never seen before and you fine Gent's give all the detail about it.
    It's just another day here that I have learned something. That is why I love this site!!!!

Thank You!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast