Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Austrian Transitional? Help needed

Article about: Hi Guys, This was found in a box as shown. I believe it is an Austrian transitional? Green sand paint, leather appears to be marked 57, pot appears to be stamped 66 or maybe 994? I humbly as

Just a "57" in a circle ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian Transitional? Help needed
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wblastoff View Post
    Just a "57" in a circle ?
    Underneath? But only attempt if the liners is soft and supple.

also, as Schwerpunkt noted be careful with the liner band but if you have a nice small bright flashlight and a good magnifying glass you might be able to see a date if there is enough room between the shell and liner. You might also be able to see the reverse of the maker / date stamp if you lift up the liner. That said, do not try this if there is any change it will rip or break the liner.

michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello
    Its just what looks like a join at five o'clock in the photo? regarding the reverse of liners we do it with Imperial all the time its important and they are 100yrs old, no biggie.

Regards
    Eric
    ps best for 2015 Gents

Leather is soft and pliable but I do not see any stamps or marks on reverse side

MAP
    ?

Did you see any reverse stampings on the liner band when you had the line turned inside out?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

did not "appear" to be any marks

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wblastoff View Post
    did not "appear" to be any marks
    ok. It was worth a shot. Not much more I can add beyond try to look between the liner and band (without bending it of course.

best of luck on the sale. Would love to have a nice helmet like this in my collection on day.

michael

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Hello
    Its just what looks like a join at five o'clock in the photo? regarding the reverse of liners we do it with Imperial all the time its important and they are 100yrs old, no biggie.

Regards
    Eric
    ps best for 2015 Gents
    It's not important to see the factory stamps for leather of steel liners of WW2 helmets.

?

They are no stamps so I received my answer thank you maybe the other thing is just my eyes would be nice to see the 'back of it'.

Eric

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    They are no stamps so I received my answer thank you maybe the other thing is just my eyes would be nice to see the 'back of it'.

Eric
    Why ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3