Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blue Division M35 Helmet for Opinion

Article about: I have happen across a man from Spain that is liquidating his collection. In it is this interesting Blue division M35. There aren't many around for comparison and was looking to see if anyon

Default Blue Division M35 Helmet for Opinion

I have happen across a man from Spain that is liquidating his collection. In it is this interesting Blue division M35. There aren't many around for comparison and was looking to see if anyone here has one. Also I'm no sure if this decal is painted or a decal. It also looks like there was another of the same decal to the left of it that was removed and then a new one installed in the correct position. Pins all look untouched. Chinstrap has what looks like a repair possibly glued in. All opinions would will be greatly appreciated. I will also try to get a better pic of the decal, maker size and lot number.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blue Division M35 Helmet for Opinion   Blue Division M35 Helmet for Opinion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blue Division M35 Helmet for Opinion
    P
    Many

o
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blue Division M35 Helmet for Opinion   Blue Division M35 Helmet for Opinion  

oo

Nobody?

?

I can only comment that I would be very skeptical of a Blue Division helmet that is not in relic condition. They are extremely rare. These helmets along with most uniforms and equipment were returned to the German supply depots upon the return of the Spanish soldiers going home. The decal definitely looks painted but I think this might require a leap of faith to determine authenticity. Here is an interesting thread on relic helmets. Maybe some helmet experts can help you more. Good luck.

Blue Division Relics
    Regards, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I can only comment that I would be very skeptical of a Blue Division helmet that is not in relic condition. They are extremely rare. These helmets along with most uniforms and equipment were returned to the German supply depots upon the return of the Spanish soldiers going home. The decal definitely looks painted but I think this might require a leap of faith to determine authenticity. Here is an interesting thread on relic helmets. Maybe some helmet experts can help you more. Good luck.

Blue Division Relics
    If you look at this picture in the area circled you can see the decal broke when applied and they tried to line it back up. You can see the square shape break and the shift in the yellow line. I believe that this would suggest it is not painted and is in fact a decal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blue Division M35 Helmet for Opinion  

MAP
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I can only comment that I would be very skeptical of a Blue Division helmet that is not in relic condition. They are extremely rare.

Blue Division Relics
    My thoughts exactly. Every BD division helmet I've ever seen is a relic. And member Sadurni is one I would trust as being one of the more knowledgible people out there for these items.

He is also a moderator on GHW (user name Spanish Freiwillige) where he has shown his extensive collection of BD items.

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am not able to comment on the authenticity of the helmet but that is certainly a painted emblem and not a decal. The red paint even extends beyond the bottom of the decal.
    John

Here is another with the decal removed. It made the same marks you are refering to as paint outside the decal

- - ------- - -

Quote by MAP View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Every BD division helmet I've ever seen is a relic. And member Sadurni is one I would trust as being one of the more knowledgible people out there for these items.

He is also a moderator on GHW (user name Spanish Freiwillige) where he has shown his extensive collection of BD items.

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!
    The Spanish freiwillige guy according to a thread on the waf is good friends with this guy and has posted pics of his collection on his behalf. One of the ones posted was offered to me for sale as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blue Division M35 Helmet for Opinion  

From the waf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast