Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Botched Markings

Article about: Hey fella's, I was hoping someone could help me locate any articals on botched Helmet markings *Either numbers or Makers mark) I apologies if I posted this in the wrong area, If anyone has h

Default Botched Markings

Hey fella's,
    I was hoping someone could help me locate any articals on botched Helmet markings *Either numbers or Makers mark)
    I apologies if I posted this in the wrong area, If anyone has helmets in their own collection that shows one or both of these I would highly apprecaite being able to look at them.

Kind regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Botched Markings
    P
    Many

It happened , EF was the master with bad strikes.

I've shown these stamping devices before - quite common place now as back then.
    Whether they were hand stamped or machine driven, numbers / letters are individual so they can be changed and are loaded into the holder as shown.

Botched Markings Botched Markings

As such there can be differences ( tiny ) in loaded height and this is a likely reason for seeing light or 'botched' stamping. Even stamping on the slightly curved surface can do it as well.

A study or article on the subject? ....I doubt whether it would ever warrant the effort....

Dan

Schwerpunkt: I did read that on another fourm (I think from this website.)
    Did other such producers have faults in stamping?
    I'm asking mainly because I knew helmet I purcheased appears to have a upside down letter with a ET Helmet.

Dan,
    Thanks for the info, that tool is something I'd never seen before.
    I also agree that a artical purely dedicated to incorrect stamps may seem a bit much, perhaps I should have said a gallary or something similar showing certain stamp errors. Thanks again

Quote by Jimmy907 View Post
    Schwerpunkt: I did read that on another fourm (I think from this website.)
    Did other such producers have faults in stamping?
    I'm asking mainly because I knew helmet I purcheased appears to have a upside down letter with a ET Helmet.

Dan,
    Thanks for the info, that tool is something I'd never seen before.
    I also agree that a artical purely dedicated to incorrect stamps may seem a bit much, perhaps I should have said a gallary or something similar showing certain stamp errors. Thanks again
    All is possible , no gallery is necessary because if the helmet is real and the stamp is punched wrong than that is that. No big deal , if you are worried just post the helmet you are concerned about.

I will do, Just waiting for it to arrive in the post. I took a hunch on my last "feel good" helmet and it turned out to be good, I relied on looking at every possible spec of detail on this new helmet of mine and feeling some what confident that its a good one. Once it arrives I'll get some photos to post. Every possible detail I've looked at makes me think its a good helmet, time will tell though when I post some photos.

Default I'm not sure

So, I'm already prepeared for the bad news, but looking at this helmet and comparing it with my others I honestly I think it's good, if it turns out to not be any good I am still more then happy with what I got. The decal I've tried to compare with online photos and it looks decent, but this being a new field I am not 100% confident in my decision.
    Again, I'm ready to accept if I'm told I made a mistake but I had a hunch that it was good, it feels good. I apprecaite some advice and again.. (Chin strap looks to be replaced, it appears to be added incorrectly)
    The split pins are very tight and can't move it at all. (at least with medium pressure)
    Botched Markings
    Botched Markings
    Botched Markings
    Botched Markings
    Botched Markings
    Botched Markings
    Botched Markings
    Botched Markings

The shell is good , decal , paint , chinstrap are repro.
    Can you show a photo of the felt under the leather ?

The lighting is pretty poor, but when I line them next to my other helmets they look exactly the same, I've got a refurbished helmet and the quality between them are miles apart. If all reburbished helemts looked and felt as good as this, I'd seriously start to think about buying more. Not what another collector wants to hear but I can't express how good this helmet feels.
    Botched Markings
    Botched Markings
    Botched Markings

Again, with how good it looks in person, I'm still happy. Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast