MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Camo for opinions if I could

Article about: Hello I have come across a camo that I'm interested in and know the seller is kosher but saying that camo's are difficult for a beginner. I'd appreciate what more knowledgeable people think.

?

Default A Camo for opinions if I could

Hello

I have come across a camo that I'm interested in and know the seller is kosher but saying that camo's are difficult for a beginner.
    I'd appreciate what more knowledgeable people think.
    Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Camo for opinions if I could
    P
    Many

Looks newly painted and aged to me but it could just be the pictures and the liner looks off to me.. looks like someone was crinkling it and dyed it for a aged look, I’d pass on it but just wait to hear from some other members here

MAP
    ?

Recent creation for me. Liner and liner band look (from what little I can see). No camo paint on the split pins? Red flag.

Not even sure about the shell.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You really need more photos and more detailed photos. Maker , lotnr also help.
    Close ups of the decal area etc...

Hi Olboy,

In a few photos the paint appears somewhat aged but as others have mentioned the liner and the liner pins (being a different colour) do raise a few concerns. You would expect that the liner would be left in and the pins would halve been sprayed over resulting in the same colour as the rest of the shell.

If the seller isn’t inclined to take photos of the details you have requested then I would walk away from the sale. If you look at the the photos on some of the most reputable dealers sites they all show highly detailed images in very high res.

Look forward to seeing more photos.

Andrew

?

The other images were taken with a phone camera so nothing of any quality.
    Again I didn't notice the obvious with the pins. Even when I exploded the image.....not even a hint of camo colour, just the original green. So yes warning signs have gone off, particularly when he mentions 'it hasn't been messed with', so again I'll keep looking.
    Once more thank you for all the valuable opinions.

In defense of the pins I do see camo color on the first photo. A smidgeon but it is there , that's why good photos are necessary.

Hi, as said, the liner pins are a worry, that in turn brings questions to the whole thing, personally I would wait for a stone wall good example. Leon.

I agree with the general consensus that the liner pins have been out. Although you can see some paint in the first picture, it does not seem to match the surrounding area.
    These are so hard to judge, and we know there are a plethora of fakes flooding the market.
    You need to be 100% sure.
    Nick

The majority of paint on the pins appears to have patina and is a shade of apple green which this helmet would not have been issued with however the actual pins themselves are most likely original.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast