Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can be a coastal artillery helmet?

Article about: Took the liberty of labeling what we are referring to.

Default Can be a coastal artillery helmet?

Hi,
    in your opinion, can this helmet be a coastal artillery? Liner and color original and which is the corect value and price for this helmet?
    Thank in advanced
    Partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can be a coastal artillery helmet?   Can be a coastal artillery helmet?  

Can be a coastal artillery helmet?   Can be a coastal artillery helmet?  

Can be a coastal artillery helmet?   Can be a coastal artillery helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can be a coastal artillery helmet?
    P
    Many

?

It could be a lot of things but nothing points to it being a coastal artillery from these photos. Liner might be a swap as well. It might have other issues with the liner too. 1 chinstrap bale (the "top" one) does not look right. Price is subjective, it's what your willing to pay.

Hi , I cannot say much one way or the other i'm afraid. All I see is a M40 that appears to have a tampered with liner(bent areas of the band) and areas of grey paint on the leather. Sorry , not much help. Leon.

Me too I see a standard M-40 original helmet no doubt with Use Unknown by who. timothy

Doug, the bales look long and thin. Do you think? Maybe a post war liner band with a wartime liner. It's tough to say on limited photos and not knowing the markings on the liner band. However, there does look to be paint on the leather by the seam. It all
    Could be legit, just tampered With. I'd pass on it.

I too see the issue with the upper bale in the pic, it looks like a thinner gauge wire and is a bit square for me. As likely to be coastal as anything else I suppose, but the 'BS grey' that I guess you are basing it on is not exclusive to KM. I've seen a few luftwaffe camo's with that colour incorporated into it for example, and the shades of simple reissue grey vary quite a lot.

?

BS grey is right Andy LOL.

Sorry for my bad english , I ask you to be patient... but I don't understand this:

"...upper bale in the pic, it looks like a thinner gauge wire and is a bit square for me." Well, what is the bale? Whether these are the hooks for the chin, I checked out and are equal. I think is just the perspective of the photo that deceives...

"...Maybe a post war liner band with a wartime liner..." You mean that the metallic circle is post war?

Esxuse me if I ask elementary things, but I know your are the best experts of the world and I would understand correctly your opinion .

Thank you in adavanced

Partisan

?

The chinstrap bales are what the chinstrap attaches to. The upper one appears to be a reproduction. You need much better pics of the components.

It means the 2 chinstrap bails do not match each other-they are obviously different from each other. One is thick and one is thin. The metal band does not look correct either. It has bends in it and has obviously been removed-and possibly is not the one that originally came with the helmet. The metal liner band should fit tight and close, but the one in this helmet does not. It may possibly even be in backwards-as seen by the inked name being written on the forehead area rather than the usual back of the head.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast