Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Captured helmets photo

Article about: I only wish this was a colour photo, some great camo helmets in the pile.

CBH
    ?

Default Captured helmets photo

I only wish this was a colour photo, some great camo helmets in the pile.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Captured helmets photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Captured helmets photo
    P
    Many

I wonder how much that pile of helmets would fetch in today's money? Probably a small fortune... or a large fortune!

Very interesting to see all those unusual camouflage schemes. Looks like there are a couple of FJ lids hiding in there too.

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

There was a thread here not to long ago about a camo helmet and many people didn't like the colors/pattern. I myself didn't discount it based on these specific issues as I've seen photos like this before as well as recent photos of authenticated helmets.
    Last edited by MAP; 02-04-2019 at 05:44 AM. Reason: grammar
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Perhaps I can add to this with another helmet hoard photo. This is a New Zealand Army photo from 1941 outside a POW camp in Trobruk, North Africa.
    The variation in colour tones for all those tropical painted helmets is striking. Captured helmets photo

I would guess not all would pass the "pink' test.

MAP
    ?

Yup. The variations are endless. Each a unique creation in a way.

....and from your photo of Tobruk, this is what makes "Pinkies" so alluring and hard to source
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

One of the interesting things in Chris's photo #1 is the six or so camouflage pattern helmets that are visible, they all seem to have been painted with a paint brush. Often we think, "Normandy camo", must be spray painted with those lovely softly merged triple colours. Some of those in Chris's photo if posted on some forums might receive rude remarks!

Great photo! If only we could go back in time.

Also appears that a couple of the gas mask tins are named - a nice addition to any collection.

These are great photos. As someone who collects German helmets, I find myself always looking at patterns / styles etc... when watching documentaries or looking at photos. You just can't help yourself.
    What Michael says is true - you see some really funky looking camo paint schemes. Really makes you re-think what is available from dealers these days.
    Nick
    Last edited by HoundsTooth; 02-04-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    These are great photos. As someone who collects German helmets, I find myself always looking at patterns / styles etc... when watching documentaries or looking at photos. You just can't help yourself.
    What Michael says is true - you see some really funky looking camo pain schemes. Really makes you re-think what is available from dealers these days.
    Nick
    It's a risk..a "crap shoot" Not many (I know a few) risk their money on "funky" camo schemes. Again, camos are for those that do not hold others opinion in high regard. They like what they see for whatever reasons & they buy. Because in reality, nobody can prove when they were painted.
    D.

CBH
    ?

I'm glad you guys like the photo, it was the camo patterns that caught my eye.
    Some funky patterns and a couple look to be done by the same hand.
    And I know camo helmets are a Hot Topic lately.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast