Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chicken Wire Helmet for Opinions

Article about: This is a recent find. It is a chicken wire M35. Wire seems to be the correct amount of twists and it seems that some twist may be soldered (or just dirty and look soldered) The wire appears

Default Chicken Wire Helmet for Opinions

This is a recent find. It is a chicken wire M35. Wire seems to be the correct amount of twists and it seems that some twist may be soldered (or just dirty and look soldered) The wire appears to have been on the helmet for a long time and has corroded the paint off to metal. What intrigued me to buy it is the way it is mounted. I have seen a few forum thread where the wire was mounted to the helmet via sheet metal tabs like this one. I have not been able to find any attempted fakes mounted in this fashion.

My concerns were the liner which i posted in another thread and opinion was that it is ok. Also the helmet feels liter then others but I have never owned a helmet in this condition so maybe that is why it feels lite. Also I can't find any maker size or lot number but that my be explained by the condition as well.

As always any opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chicken Wire Helmet for Opinions   Chicken Wire Helmet for Opinions  

Chicken Wire Helmet for Opinions   Chicken Wire Helmet for Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chicken Wire Helmet for Opinions
    P
    Many

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chicken Wire Helmet for Opinions   Chicken Wire Helmet for Opinions  

Chicken Wire Helmet for Opinions  

Grave marker?

If offered to me I would not buy it , not feeling comfortable with the wire even though there is interaction it looks overdone. You would not expect the orange rusty traces underneath everywhere , especially where there is no contact. Also decal seems to have run away despite the cage.

Well this one hasn't given me that warm and fuzzy feeling since I opened the box. The seller was contacted for a refund long before I took pictures or posted this thread. I just need confirmation of my own suspicions to make sure sending it back was the right way to go.

Seller is not happy with my opinion though. The helmet is from his deceased brothers collections and he seemed to get a bit annoyed when I asked for the refund but agreed anyways.

​​​​​​​Thanks all. Until next time...