Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Chinstraps - a matter of supply and demand

Article about: I never buy helmets missing components. But if I did happen to own a helmet missing a chinstrap, I would certainly buy an original strap that matched the condition of the helmet. Even though

Default Re: Chinstraps - a matter of supply and demand

I never buy helmets missing components. But if I did happen to own a helmet missing a chinstrap, I would certainly buy an original strap that matched the condition of the helmet. Even though I wish they were cheaper, I don't mind paying an extra $150 for an original. But when the drawstrings hit $150 then I will complain.

Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chinstraps - a matter of supply and demand
    P
    Many

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    I never buy helmets missing components. But if I did happen to own a helmet missing a chinstrap, I would certainly buy an original strap that matched the condition of the helmet. Even though I wish they were cheaper, I don't mind paying an extra $150 for an original. But when the drawstrings hit $150 then I will complain.

Corey
    Thanks for the varied opinions guys - and there are some lucky ones among you finding helmets 90% of the time complete and being able to shell out the big bucks for parts if they are not. More strength to y'all!!
    Dan

I've only got one chinstrapped lid, I'd much rather put the $150 aside toward another helmet.

I might be tempted to pick up an LBA strap for a luft, or roller buckle for a KM lid etc though.

I for one have no problem with completing an original lid by adding an original strap. The only problem is indeed that they've become so rare that it's hard to find one in the first place, and when you do, they're expensive and often in poor condition. I've had a couple of straps so far and over 75% were fake, some reproductions are really good but look terrible on a helmet.
    A helmet looks a little bit better with a strap though, in my opinion, I like the look of a complete lid, and when you put it on a stand you can choose to let the strap hang like the average trooper wore it around his neck.

125$ or even more are no exceptions. Please do be careful when you see straps being offered as originals on eBay. Especially from Latvia and other Eastern European countries. Authentic chin straps are very, very hard to find. If you need to spend a little bit more to be sure it's the real thing, do so, as even some dealers offer fakes as originals. Just stay away from the crap on eBay. Over 75% offered is fake. I'd rather have a strapless helmet then.

Quote by kenbent View Post
    Please do be careful when you see straps being offered as originals on eBay. Especially from Latvia and other Eastern European countries.
    'Lambert_pro02' is one of the Latvian fake mafia you need to avoid.

Poor old Latvians - lumped in with the Nigerian scammers ...... maybe they could combine forces??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2