Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ckl 62 lotnr 363 M42

Article about: Hi all, This is my second M42 helmet. And I have some questions about it.The helmet is painted over in apple green I think.? Is this by any chance the color used with the FLAK positions? Doe

Default Ckl 62 lotnr 363 M42

Hi all,

This is my second M42 helmet. And I have some questions about it.The helmet is painted over in apple green I think.? Is this by any chance the color used with the FLAK positions? Does anyone have more information on which branch this helmet may have been from?

thanks in advance

Gr StefCkl 62 lotnr 363 M42Ckl 62 lotnr 363 M42Ckl 62 lotnr 363 M42Ckl 62 lotnr 363 M42Ckl 62 lotnr 363 M42Ckl 62 lotnr 363 M42Ckl 62 lotnr 363 M42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ckl 62 lotnr 363 M42
    P
    Many

?

It looks like a ground dug helmet with a modern paint job over the rust.
    The last digit of the lot number is missing.

Hi Kateri, thanks for your reply. The helm was found in a barn in Belgium. I Bought it in Antwerp.

Gr Stef

?

It was not found in a barn unless placed there by the person who spray painted it.
    The damage to the helmet and especially the vent holes is what would appear on a piece dug from the ground without surviving paint.
    I hope you enjoy your ckl but the paint and the story behind the discovery appear to be lies from the seller to you.

Ok thanks. I checked the lotnr again and I think it’s 4363. Before the 3 I see a light stand of a 4.

GrStef

I agree with what Kateri has said. The liner pin heads are also heavily corroded and the camo paint under where the liner band would have been is also a give away. A liner band would never have been removed to apply a camo. Unfortunately, people will fabricate all sorts of stories or unwittingly pass on stories that were given to them by previous sellers. The only way to truly know the past of a helmet is with some form of corroboration. Always best to judge a helmet on its own merits rather than the story that comes with it.

Andy

Not much to like on this one , post war repaint. The lot nr is not that important that you need the scrape away paint to see it , luckily it is post war paint. Had it been original paint it would have been a stupid thing to do.

For your info lot nrs and branches have nothing to do with each other. It is decals and paint color that defines it. Luftwaffe using LW blue and all other branches using feldgrau.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Kruppstahl Stef View Post
    Hi Kateri, thanks for your reply. The helm was found in a barn in Belgium. I Bought it in Antwerp.

Gr Stef
    Don't believe the story. Sellers will tell you anything. Kateri has summed it up well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks again. I checked your site. Great story with a lot of interesting information on it

Gr Stef

- - ------- - -

Thank I appreciate your feedback on the helmet