Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Combat Police M35

Article about: I picked up a solid M35 a few days ago. It’s liner is missing, and the whole helmet had been repainted sometime post war. Despite not having a liner, it still has all three liner pins in p

Default Combat Police M35

I picked up a solid M35 a few days ago. It’s liner is missing, and the whole helmet had been repainted sometime post war. Despite not having a liner, it still has all three liner pins in place.

I bought this helmet with the sole purpose of removing the postwar paint to see what was below. "A very large gamble I know" but the price was fair enough for me to feel comfortable even if the helmet didn’t have much to offer under the post war paint. When I got the helmet I could instantly see some faint signs of green paint peeking out from under the new stuff. So today I spent all afternoon carefully removing all of the postwar paint from this helmet.

Interestingly this helmet is in a double decal combat police set up. The decals are both scratched and worn considerably, but I was wondering if anybody could tell if the decals look like originals or repros. If the decals turn out to be no good, I’d be more then happy with the helmet itself. M35s have always been one of my favorite models.

Any and all opinions about the helmet in general will be greatly appreciated.

Combat Police M35Combat Police M35Combat Police M35Combat Police M35Combat Police M35Combat Police M35Combat Police M35Combat Police M35Combat Police M35Combat Police M35Combat Police M35

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat Police M35
    P
    Many

Really hard to say but I think they are an original set.

I cant tell they have been so scrubbed

Nice save though .......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

nice.

Agree with Frank, the decals look good to me. Jim G.

Def. a good save, the original Apple green survived pretty nicely!

Well saved, great the original paint was under the horrid overpaint.

Thanks a ton for the thoughts guys!

The apple green paint really did survive well. It almost makes you wonder why someone would paint the thing in the first place. This example shall go on the shelf with my others.

Best Regards- Jarret

Europe was in ruins after WW2. Supplies were scarce. Food was scarce. Factions fighting. Everyone broke as a joke. Horrible. So Steel Helmets like these were reused and not wasted as many materials were not. Many of these helmets were repainted for use by other European countries small military forces or for civil duties such as firefighting. Peacekeeping. Policing. Etc. Some were even used as bowls and pasta strainers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast