Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Combat Weight Screen Vented Himmler Style Double Decal Police Helmet

Article about: While going through my Police helmets this morning I pulled this one out that I hadn't yet posted. This one is a heavy gauge screen vented Himmler helmet with Police decals. It has the expec

Default Combat Weight Screen Vented Himmler Style Double Decal Police Helmet

While going through my Police helmets this morning I pulled this one out that I hadn't yet posted. This one is a heavy gauge screen vented Himmler helmet with Police decals. It has the expected cheaply made three pad commercial liner, unmarked, complete with all pads and cushions, and something I haven't seen on many Himmler helmets, tabs for the fireman's neck flap. Other than the dent on the back of the shell, the only real liability is the broken chinstrap. The attachment devices for the strap, completely visible because they are positioned lower than those on any of my other Himmlers, demonstrate just how crudely these cheap liner/chinstrap components were made. Overall a fairly nice example of a relatively uncommon Police helmet. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Combat Weight Screen Vented Himmler Style Double Decal Police Helmet   Combat Weight Screen Vented Himmler Style Double Decal Police Helmet  

Combat Weight Screen Vented Himmler Style Double Decal Police Helmet   Combat Weight Screen Vented Himmler Style Double Decal Police Helmet  

Combat Weight Screen Vented Himmler Style Double Decal Police Helmet   Combat Weight Screen Vented Himmler Style Double Decal Police Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat Weight Screen Vented Himmler Style Double Decal Police Helmet
    P
    Many

You never seem to run out of these unusual configurations --- very nice, thanks for sharing!

Very nice helmet Jim.
    chris

Another fine helmet Jim, you just "keep'em coming". Leon.

very nice one.

I have the same decal on my M42 SD police. Does anybody know the maker of these decals?

Almost looks like the chinstrap rivetting so low was a modification for a big boofhead of a bloke!!

Nice one Jim!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

nice one i love these SS & polizei duck bill transitional lids,.very cool

si

Quote by coldcashandcolderhearts View Post
    I have the same decal on my M42 SD police. Does anybody know the maker of these decals?

Decals with these graphics are seen on ET and SE shells. In Ken N.'s book he shows an unapplied water transfer decal with the same graphics that he said would be the type seen on ET's, and that the manufacturer was unknown. I would guess your Police helmet is either an M40 SE or an M35 SE. Anyway, to make a short answer long, I don't know the name of the manufacturer of your decal, sorry, Jim G.

PS: On a second look at the picture of your decal, I see that the paint has some texture, unlike the unique smooth green Police paint seen on the M35 and M40 SE helmets. Is yours an M42 ET/ckl? Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Decals with these graphics are seen on ET and SE shells. In Ken N.'s book he shows an unapplied water transfer decal with the same graphics that he said would be the type seen on ET's, and that the manufacturer was unknown. I would guess your Police helmet is either an M40 SE or an M35 SE. Anyway, to make a short answer long, I don't know the name of the manufacturer of your decal, sorry, Jim G.

PS: On a second look at the picture of your decal, I see that the paint has some texture, unlike the unique smooth green Police paint seen on the M35 and M40 SE helmets. Is yours an M42 ET/ckl? Jim G.
    Hi Jim - my helmet is actually a hkp (so SE pre 1943). It is a late war production. The liner is dated 1944. My thinking was that it was all that could be supplied when this decal was applied at the factory. I'll have a look at Ken N.'s book again, I could have sworn I didn't see this decal in there.

Sorry OP I didn't mean to high jack this thread!

Tyler
    Last edited by coldcashandcolderhearts; 05-25-2015 at 03:59 AM.