Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

converted m17 helmet

Article about: Hello everyone, I acquired this m17 converted into a combat police helmet and I have any questions. The hull is a feldgrau color and retains very little decal and quite a bit of rust. The in

Default converted m17 helmet

Hello everyone, I acquired this m17 converted into a combat police helmet and I have any questions. The hull is a feldgrau color and retains very little decal and quite a bit of rust. The interior comes with a serial number on the top of the pot B1 1049 A? The lining is very dry but it has some accessories that seem to be from a later repair or someone just put it there, the chinstrap is missing a bit from one end and is so dry that it melts when touched. What parts have been added later in the pot? thanks and regards
    converted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmetconverted m17 helmet
    Last edited by Bernard; 01-13-2022 at 05:05 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement converted m17 helmet
    P
    Many

Looks like a post war used WW2 used helmet of which the paint was taken off and the liner replaced with a civic style liner.
    You can see how it looked on my website : Polizei Helmets – German Helmet Vault

Thanks, I understand that then it is an M17 model from the first war, repainted and converted into a police helmet during the second war?

Quote by Bernard View Post
    Thanks, I understand that then it is an M17 model from the first war, repainted and converted into a police helmet during the second war?
    M18 actually. Yes that would have happened with it and re used after WW2.

Thanks!

Hello Bernard,

Just to clarify, there were no M17 shells. The were only M16 and M18. The M16 leather liner band was replaced with a steel band known as the M17 which is why some in the collecting community refer to them as M17’s.

Andy

thanks for the clarification Andy, in your opinion the two decals were made in the war period or later

thanks for the clarification Andy, in your opinion the two decals were made in the war period or later
    Unless I am mistaken, Frank has indicated that the decals are original WW2 period examples. As for the decals themselves, the condition of them makes it very hard to authenticate either way unfortunately..

Well, thanks andy and frank