Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DAK helmet, real or fake?

Article about: Greetings all, I'm a recent member as you can see, and I am very inexperienced with WW2 collecting, and wanted a few German WW2 helmets. I know there are an absurd amount of fakes on the mar

?

Default DAK helmet, real or fake?

Greetings all, I'm a recent member as you can see, and I am very inexperienced with WW2 collecting, and wanted a few German WW2 helmets. I know there are an absurd amount of fakes on the market, and I'm not terribly sure of how to identify one. I saw this DAK helmet for a decent price, and I am pretty sure the shell is at least a legitimate one. But this is advertised as a genuine DAK, the color scheme seems fine, but the double decal and odd symbol at the back is throwing me off, and I am very sure the liner is not original, yet is advertised as such. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK helmet, real or fake?   DAK helmet, real or fake?  

DAK helmet, real or fake?   DAK helmet, real or fake?  

DAK helmet, real or fake?   DAK helmet, real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK helmet, real or fake?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Save your money. Many many things wrong from the decal, the paint and the liner. All bad.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I had a feeling, but I wanted to be sure, the double decal put me off the most. Is the shell original or a fake? Thank you for the help, by the way! I appreciate it.

MAP
    ?

The shell is good. It's an ET64. But with little value now that it has been messed with.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)