Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

DAK Helmets

Article about: I hadn’t seen this photo before. No wonder so many Helmets in current Collections have dents in them! American GI’s in Tunisia in 1943. Cheers, Colin

?

Default DAK Helmets

I hadn’t seen this photo before. No wonder so many Helmets in current Collections have dents in them! American GI’s in Tunisia in 1943.
    Cheers,
    Colin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Helmets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Helmets
    P
    Many

The one just to the right of center looks like it has collided with a rather fast moving heavy object.
    Great photo

MAP
    ?

Well known photo. Always enjoy seeing it again.

Lots of different shades of camo's and some other interesting helmets and Piths too.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello,
    My grandfather and grandmother (on my mother's side) were there when this happened. I canno't say they have been to this specific location at this moment, but they witnessed the making of these huges piles by allied soldiers in Tunis in May 1943. My grandmother often told me these stories (she didn't want to but she was bored of me asking) of huge piles of everything they saw right next door to their house, helmets, boots, gasmasks, belts, field phones, binos, weapons (before they were reissued somewhere else)....she told me that my grandfather managed to take some items from these piles. He took 2 P.08 pistols, some trench binos, a web belt with Heer buckle and a pair of Marschstiefel. Everything has been lost since (my Grandpa told me he buried both guns before leaving Tunis for France when Tunisia got its independance), the only thing left from this time is the Wasser Kanister that i did previously show on the forum and that comes from the father's side of the family. They were also living in Tunis at this time.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Here's another you may not have seen. A NZ Army photo from December 1941 outside a Trobruk POW camp.

DAK Helmets

Love these photos.

?

#2, WOW! keen eyes. yes it seems that it was at ground zero!!

?

#5, these all seem to be lined up? and the POW'S are ITALIAN?

The truck arriving appears to be carrying Italian POWs but there are evidently DAK helmets from German POWs already behind the wire.