Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DAK M40 cammo helmet in a local museum.

Article about: I thought I would show this gem, it is on show in the Bandiana Ordnance (Army) Museum, which is situated just out of Wodonga in Victoria (near the border with NSW). Bob

Default DAK M40 cammo helmet in a local museum.

I thought I would show this gem, it is on show in the Bandiana Ordnance (Army) Museum, which is situated just out of
    Wodonga in Victoria (near the border with NSW).

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK M40 cammo helmet in a local museum.   DAK M40 cammo helmet in a local museum.  

DAK M40 cammo helmet in a local museum.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK M40 cammo helmet in a local museum.
    P
    Many

And a couple more interesting helmets from the museum too....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK M40 cammo helmet in a local museum.   DAK M40 cammo helmet in a local museum.  

They look original no doubt Probably battlefield recovered maybe? they look like been in the elments for a while the rug looks like it could be sent by a Autralian solder serving in the N Afrika desert just a thought. timothy

?

The color of helmet is correct. This specific color is darker and referred to as Tan 79. This color was used to camouflage the Luftwaffe fighters serving in the North Afrikan theatre and in the Mediterranean. Leftover paint was commonly used to camo helmets (even though the Oberkommando Der Wehrmacht generally discouraged this in the early war theatres, such as North Afrika. That Brit helmet sure saw it's better days. If you compare Tan 79 and the ordnance tan they look similar, but further inspection reveals they are two different colors.

Cammo is always interesting, here are two that I have, that were veteran acquired from 9th AIF desert veterans,
    a Ramcke Brigade M38 para and a Heer M40 cammo...

Bob

?

I am salivating at these helmets right now. Authentic tropical applied camo helmets are next to impossoible to find, let alone a Fallschirmjager paint over...Beautiful!!!

Beautiful med N afrika cammo's Bob. timothy

Thanks Marc, they are two of my favourites...

Bob

Default AK helmet

Here is my Luft M-40 N Afrika med cammo along with some other tropical items. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK M40 cammo helmet in a local museum.  

?

Very nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast