Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

DD LW M35 - Original

Article about: Hey all Looking at this DD LW M35 and to me it looks pretty original. The paint certainly but it's always a hard one to tell with decals. Any thoughts? The decals certainly don't look new bu

Default DD LW M35 - Original

Hey all

Looking at this DD LW M35 and to me it looks pretty original. The paint certainly but it's always a hard one to tell with decals. Any thoughts? The decals certainly don't look new but knowing that they did reps back in the 60's etc. makes is super hard!

To me the chinstrap looks to be non original

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD LW M35 - Original   DD LW M35 - Original  

DD LW M35 - Original   DD LW M35 - Original  

Attached Images Attached Images DD LW M35 - Original  DD LW M35 - Original  DD LW M35 - Original  DD LW M35 - Original  DD LW M35 - Original 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD LW M35 - Original
    P
    Many

Decals are good but the liner is replacement and chinstrap looks post war.

Thanks, any thoughts as to whether this DD M35 is a better buy than say a slightly better nic M40/42 Single decal? I'm looking around the £850-1000 range. This one is pretty nice but the paint has certainly taken a beating - decals are nice though

Quote by Liamc93 View Post
    Thanks, any thoughts as to whether this DD M35 is a better buy than say a slightly better nic M40/42 Single decal? I'm looking around the £850-1000 range. This one is pretty nice but the paint has certainly taken a beating - decals are nice though
    The best buy is always an untouched helmet and not a Frankstein creation that has post war added parts.

I think you might be right, it's still a nice lid for the price being a DD... there is an M40 SD LW for sale that looks so original - it's a hard game these days finding nice lids in stock!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD LW M35 - Original   DD LW M35 - Original  

Quote by Liamc93 View Post
    I think you might be right, it's still a nice lid for the price being a DD... there is an M40 SD LW for sale that looks so original - it's a hard game these days finding nice lids in stock!
    It is if you do not want to pay today’s prices. I have been dry for 10 months now.