Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dd m35 ns60

Article about: Hey, I just got this helmet from ebay. It's a NS60 with lot number E13. It looks to have been factory repainted not field repainted as the paint is smooth and has runs on the inside. It has

Default Dd m35 ns60

Hey,
    I just got this helmet from ebay. It's a NS60 with lot number E13. It looks to have been factory repainted not field repainted as the paint is smooth and has runs on the inside. It has an Ed Strache decal at about 90%+ and the national shield is about the same. Has the original un reinforced liner band dated 1936. Im.looking to get some opinions on this little guy. Thanks in advance!
    Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dd m35 ns60   Dd m35 ns60  

Dd m35 ns60   Dd m35 ns60  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dd m35 ns60
    P
    Many

Hmmmm the decals worry me... wait and see what the other opions are...

?

Delightful to see a Size 60.
    Is it unusual to see so much wear on a repainted double decal?
    Thanks for posting it.

Quote by Kateri View Post
    Delightful to see a Size 60.
    Is it unusual to see so much wear on a repainted double decal?
    Thanks for posting it.
    I'm not sure how much thought was given to prep work when repainting. The spots the show the first coat underneath look smooth and shiny like it was roughed up or anything to promote good adhesion. I guess maybe it could have been chemically done

MAP
    ?

Post war applied decals IMO.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Post war applied decals IMO.
    They are good decals though. Why do you think that they are post war applied?

MAP
    ?

Quote by IMegaSquirt View Post
    They are good decals though. Why do you think that they are post war applied?
    First, a Double Decal Repaint is something to be very wary of. Second are the Ed Strache decals. Huge numbers were made and found unapplied. Many messed up helmets have these decals applied as they were (are) so easily available.

That said, I said "IMO", so I am happy to defer to others with more knowledge than I

(BTW...for full transparency and to help you and the thread, I have shown a couple of photos to some "VERY" well respected guru's. Waiting to hear back. I will let you know if they have different views. As said, I have no problem being proven wrong.)

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    First, a Double Decal Repaint is something to be very wary of. Second are the Ed Strache decals. Huge numbers were made and found unapplied. Many messed up helmets have these decals applied as they were (are) so easily available.

That said, I said "IMO", so I am happy to defer to others with more knowledge than I

(BTW...for full transparency and to help you and the thread, I have shown a couple of photos to some "VERY" well respected guru's. Waiting to hear back. I will let you know if they have different views. As said, I have no problem being proven wrong.)
    I thank you for doing that and I look forward to get as many opinions as possible within my inspection period. If anything I can send it back. I wasn't offended by your comment or anything but you explanation of the ed strache decals is the same as everyone else's. It seems like they are just out of most people's comfort zone. I figured that the fact that it retains its 1936 liner band would help its case a little. That would mean it was done well before the helmets reissued to m40 spec. Anyways, I do hope that your guru's chim in. Thanks again!

Mike

MAP
    ?

Got feedback. They agree. A good repaint that has original decals applied post war.

Sorry

Quote by MAP View Post
    Got feedback. They agree. A good repaint that has original decals applied post war.

Sorry
    If that was that case would it not have been fitted with a newer liner band as well, more then likely with a 1940 dated one?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast