Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

DD Transitional M17 Questions.

Article about: Well, after quite some time and various small escapades in and out of the militaria circle, the bug bit me again. Looks like it's time to start re-learning the very minuscule amounts of info

Default DD Transitional M17 Questions.

Well, after quite some time and various small escapades in and out of the militaria circle, the bug bit me again. Looks like it's time to start re-learning the very minuscule amounts of information I remember soaking up.

Well, wanting to get back into the militaria game to take up some free time, I think I've decided to either go with a couple of different items (Not totally sure as to what yet), or just go in and buy this M17 Transitional Helmet I've seen for a little bit now.

I've searched the forum here but couldn't really find any similar condition helmets with a purchase price and I have no clue on the sale value of these helmets.

Now the helmet in question:

DD Transitional M17 Questions.DD Transitional M17 Questions.DD Transitional M17 Questions.DD Transitional M17 Questions.DD Transitional M17 Questions.DD Transitional M17 Questions.

I personally think it is a quite appealing helmet. Sure the helmet itself is worn, decals heavily worn and the liner seeing better days, but I do kind of find it appealing.

The seller is asking 650 euro. (600+50 shipping. Not a fun shipping price) As I've said, I have no clue what the value of these transitionals are.

All images courtesy of the seller, Danzig Militaria

Thanks in advance.

I think it'll be nice to be back here to hopefully learn quite a bit about this fascinating topic.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD Transitional M17 Questions.
    P
    Many

Please remember that gentlemen do not talk prices , you will need to relearn the market by comparing prices. Everything is relative what prices are concerned.
    You do not need to give courtesies to dealers for using their pictures. At least you need to see up close what is going on with those decals. My opinion so far spend more money for a better one.
    Welcome back.

Thank you Schwerpunkt. I'll try and relearn market prices. Think I'll take your advice and save up for something a bit better. Still debating on whether to save up/wait for an alright helmet or spend my money on some smaller items I've been looking at, think I'll do the latter and then afterwards save up and do my fair bit of research. I know these helmets have so much to learn about.

About the courtesy, I just like to give credit if it's not my own image. Thank you again!

I acutaully quiet like salty helmets, however in this case i think its not only salty - but also messed with. It looks like someone removed surface rust or something else and in doing so damaged the paint and decals. Not worth the money. There are plenty of nice Transitionals out there, you will find one!