Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Destroyed helmet

Article about: I found this in a flea market. It looks as if someone went nuts with steal wool. Does anything look real on this thing? No serious money was spent, just bought it because it was there.

?

Default Destroyed helmet

I found this in a flea market. It looks as if someone went nuts with steal wool. Does anything look real on this thing? No serious money was spent, just bought it because it was there.

Destroyed helmetDestroyed helmetDestroyed helmetDestroyed helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Destroyed helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Destroyed helmet

Post war Norwegian reissue probably, almost certainly the liner is.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ex-Norwegian postwar reissue, judging by the dyed liner...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi,looks like it may have been an original M35 that was turned into a norwegian helmet before the wire wool ambushed it! Leon (BEAT ME TO IT CHAPS!!!)

?

It seems like there was a couple of decals at one time. Those steel wooling norwegians....get you everytime.

Quote by visor View Post
    It seems like there was a couple of decals at one time. Those steel wooling norwegians....get you everytime.
    It probably had the Norway decals which are becoming rare as most get this treatment and can be quite hard to find these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

They apparently removed the Norwegian Lion decal...still an original shell with an original (yet red-dyed) liner...
    cheers, Glenn

- - Updated - -

Yup, this wasn't done by the "Norwegians", rather probably some overzealous collector with too much time on his hands and no feeling for history wielding a steel wool pad-- a ruined helmet... Still haven't gotten myself one of these re-issues with Norwegian national decals... they actually look pretty goode except for the nasty red dye to the liners. And, as mentioned before, they seem to have become somewhat scarce due to this silly practice of removing paint and decals to uncover original paint etc ( if there is any at all under there) ... such a shame.

Norweign helmet giveaway red dyed liner and light green paint inside. I for the like of me can never see why they need stripped. As stated there is little or no original paint left on them. I found this out with a Norweign painted German ammo can nothing but steel original german fieldgrau was not there. All of this left behind surplus German items had this green paint. I think they are better off left alone as stated they have more collector value as Norweign reissue and some of the decals are getting hard to find. timothy

At the end of the day, a nice original shell that makes an excellent base for a re-enactor's helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast