Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A (dirty) tan camo helmet

Article about: I just got this helmet today. It's definitely in rough condition. One major dent in the top from who knows what? Anyways I noticed there was a dry clump of mud or dirt stuck in the behind th

?

Default A (dirty) tan camo helmet

I just got this helmet today. It's definitely in rough condition. One major dent in the top from who knows what? Anyways I noticed there was a dry clump of mud or dirt stuck in the behind the liner, barely noticeable. While inspecting the helmet I accidently dropped it, and instantly cursed. I know I know, it's already seen a lot worse and has a huge dent in the top, who cares about dropping it a couple of feet, it thankfully didn't leave a mark that I could see... but it did do a perfect job of knocking out that clump of bug infested mud, I didn't know it was so damn big. It was slowly making a mess where ever I would set the damn thing down. Not proud that I dropped my helmet, but I think I'm glad that mud is out of there lol.

I think it's an honest lid, any chance of it being some sort of Afrika camo? Sadly someone painted a swastika on the front of the helmet..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A (dirty) tan camo helmet   A (dirty) tan camo helmet  

A (dirty) tan camo helmet   A (dirty) tan camo helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A (dirty) tan camo helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: A (dirty) tan camo helmet

I don't believe this one is original. The painted dent worries me, and the wear is suspicious. Can you get some photos of the interior where the dent is located and a close up of the dent from the outside?

Corey

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...needed-270676/

Maybe it's petrified camel feces. Just kidding. Could have come from anywhere. Sit it next to the helmet. Ou never know, and it's still part of the history.

Edit: just to clarify, IF this is an original tan Camo than I would keep it with it. I don't think it is though.
    Last edited by MD Helmets; 02-28-2013 at 02:45 AM.

?

So what's the conclusion here, the outside was repainted in tan, and then aged? or are any other parts not-original?

Quote by Rylan View Post
    So what's the conclusion here, the outside was repainted in tan, and then aged? or are any other parts not-original?
    Can you post more photos? close ups of the dent area on the outside and inside, and close ups of the split pins and Red swastika.

?

This helmet has possibilities, I wouldn't write it off just yet. Sometimes whitewashed helmets take on this hue with age. Could also be tan. Any history accompanying it?

Swaz may be vet art added post war.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by relicz View Post
    Sometimes whitewashed helmets take on this hue with age.
    That was my second guess. Here is an example I use to own, for comparison

?

Hi John, not much history with this one unfortunately. Was told to be a vet bring back.. not that means anything though. But I have taken more photos that might help, looks to be very tan IMO.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A (dirty) tan camo helmet   A (dirty) tan camo helmet  

Lol - The clump of earth is a wasp nest - Mud Wasp.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hey Steve, yeah when i broke it apart I figured that out haha.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast