Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

double decal M40

Article about: I saw this helmet at an antique shop and asked the assistant to take out of case for me to check out - all I could see on the tag was a price of \\$28 so i figured \\$280 - worth a look - then s

Default double decal M40

I saw this helmet at an antique shop and asked the assistant to take out of case for me to check out - all I could see on the tag was a price of $28 so i figured $280 - worth a look - then surprised with a much larger price tag of $2800! So I took opportunity to snap a couple pics of the decals for the forum to check out. Sorry about the blurry helmet and liner shot - was using my cell phone. Chin strap had a date of 1937 and a maker but cant recall.
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture double decal M40   double decal M40  

double decal M40   double decal M40  

double decal M40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement double decal M40
    P
    Many

It looks like a m35 helmet to me.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I may have mistaken model. Thanks for pointing out - should I try to change the title?

Hi, looks like a decent HEER M35 in a small size to me as well, I guess the price is around the mark to be expected, certainly more usual than $28!! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Wearing a Peiniger eagle decal...might want to leave this one on the shelf

Well even for a Peiniger decal I like it a lot , that said because of the peiniger decal the price should be much much lower.

Hi, can you get a good image of the vents? If it is an M40 and not an M35, that for me would indicate that this was a no decal factory re-furb that has had original decals post war applied?? Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

no i am sorry i cannot get any more pics as the store is about 4hr away; maybe next time i go through the area if still there.
    Joe