Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dr. Ludwigs helmet.

Article about: This helmet came to me around 20 years ago with a white medics helmet seen elsewhere in the helmet section. Both have had a hard life and this one had had a repaint for sure. Unfortunately t

Default Dr. Ludwigs helmet.

This helmet came to me around 20 years ago with a white medics helmet seen elsewhere in the helmet section. Both have had a hard life and this one had had a repaint for sure. Unfortunately the paint on this helmet appears to be parting from the helmet back to bare metal in places. Its the only helmet I have ever seen do this sort of thing but as its a local helmet to the Island and it came with another medic helmet I am loathed to part with it even if the paint is flakey. I am not positive but I think I may also be able to see the outline of a decal under the paint as well...what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dr. Ludwigs helmet.   Dr. Ludwigs helmet.  

Dr. Ludwigs helmet.   Dr. Ludwigs helmet.  

Dr. Ludwigs helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dr. Ludwigs helmet.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Dr. Ludwigs helmet.

The flash glare makes it impossible to make a judgement on the paint. The personalization as well, it looks very well, messy is the word. I am hesitant to comment further because white photographs poorly to begin with and combined with flash glare it makes it difficult to make a judgement.

Dr might not be medical dr btw, it was common in Germany for those with doctorates to refer to themselves this way, I have had several items to "Dr's" who were not medical doctors.
    Last edited by DougB; 03-13-2013 at 04:04 PM.

?

Mr Doug is correct about the Dr.

Hi,
    Yes thats correct what your saying DougB. But having come with a white medics helmet there's a fifty fifty chance he was a real Dr. Either way still a good helmet albeit flakey.
    D.

Hi Jersey,could this have been a kreigsmarine overpaint?I have seen several "smooth" paint naval helmets in the past that have flaked badly like this one,just a thought! Leon.