Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

DRK Helmet Inquiry

Article about: he ask 320 usd

The helmet model is the DIN - post war model.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Helmet Inquiry
    P
    Many

?

As ogpsycho has mentioned, I agree this is a postwar DIN helmet, usually indicated by the DIN stamp on the rear inside of the helmet, and the vent holes having 2 on the top row instead of 1.

As the book 'The helmet decalls of the Third Reich' arrived, I looked to the decalls or the RK. As this is the sharp bottom DRK decal on one of the pictures in the book, the graphics do not compledly correlate, when you look at the beak and the toe nails, or am I wrong ? Indeed, the pictures could be much better, but I also made this mistake at the beginning.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Helmet Inquiry   DRK Helmet Inquiry  

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    As the book 'The helmet decalls of the Third Reich' arrived, I looked to the decalls or the RK. As this is the sharp bottom DRK decal on one of the pictures in the book, the graphics do not compledly correlate, when you look at the beak and the toe nails, or am I wrong ? Indeed, the pictures could be much better, but I also made this mistake at the beginning.
    There is also some disagreement about the roundbottom DRK decals being original. Also 1 RAD decal example in the book is not good.
    It is impossible to do a good comparison with the photo provided , the way the decal is worn is already a problem.

Which RAD decall is not good ? The one with the 'fat' beak pointing in the air or the other one ?

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    Which RAD decall is not good ? The one with the 'fat' beak pointing in the air or the other one ?
    This is the good one :
    Reichsarbeitsdienst Helmets – German Helmet Vault

So the eagle with the big fat nose , proudly in the wind, is the good one..... seems logic

?

Default tried better pics

DRK Helmet InquiryDRK Helmet Inquiry

?

the helm look like it was repainted all but the decall

?

I do not like how the red cross was printed above the black on the decal. I have not encountered any that has the claws under the red cross and it has the red on the rest of the body. German Red Cross Helmet DRK this is mine, while beat up it is still a good one, look at the way the claws are. As for the round bottom decal I firmly believe they are post war, they are found mainly on helmets that the DRK didn't use including gladiators, miss painted m34 and absolutely 0 period pictures of a decal that is easier to find than the pointed bottom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast