Miro-militaria.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Early 28/29 S.A Helmet

Article about: Ive had this for some time but apart from a couple of well known helmet collectors i had not shared. So time to give it an airing, so to speak. A nice early in relatively good condition 28/2

?

Really cool early SA helmet, think this one used to belong to a friend of mine? Jules L.
    Great period photos, thank you for posting it.
    Mine came out from SOS 2012, a lady was selling her husband’s collection after he past away. According to her this was his favourite helmet.. M16 Early SA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early 28/29 S.A Helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A great example Anders!

Would be nice if the OPs helmet was Jules. Keeping it in the forum family
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    A great example Anders!

Would be nice if the OPs helmet was Jules. Keeping it in the forum family
    I picked this up in Australia, the owner had only just got it, but i believe it came from a museum in Victoria Australia, but i wasnt able to confirm this.

Wow. Amazing piece !

?

truly exceptional, a helmet that any collector would love to be able to appreciate in their display case.
    I love it !!!
    Regards

Truly a fascinating helmet and one I have never seen before either, congrats on that!

But it should always be kept in mind what this helmet probably saw while being used, clubbing down people, that, to put it mildly, weren't "fond" of the nazi party.
    Of course, this is something to always think of when handling militaria, or party related items in particular.
    It may be that I just heard a podcast on Otto Wels, at the time chairman of the SPD, who held a historic speech in the Reichstag before the NSDAP assumed power by enacting the "Ermächtigungsgesetz" on March 23rd 1933.
    (After the speech he fled to Prague, by the way, you can also listen to parts of the speech online if you google it).
    Nevertheless, it's a great thing that we as collectors keep items like these safe from destruction or alteration..
    Anyway, hope I didn't anger anyone with this little caveat, but I just felt I had to mention it here.

Luis

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4