Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Luftwaffe M35

Article about: Been offered an early Luftwaffe M35 with LBA chinstrap (slightly cut down) for a fairly cheap price - £450. Don't believe the liner is original but considering it has an LBA chinstrap and s

Default Early Luftwaffe M35

Been offered an early Luftwaffe M35 with LBA chinstrap (slightly cut down) for a fairly cheap price - £450. Don't believe the liner is original but considering it has an LBA chinstrap and seems like original decal (what's left of them) and paint is it a wise choice?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Luftwaffe M35   Early Luftwaffe M35  

Early Luftwaffe M35   Early Luftwaffe M35  

Early Luftwaffe M35  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Luftwaffe M35
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Better strategy is to pay more for an untouched helmet.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Save your money. Fake liner. Helmet is now messed with.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Like them with the worn and fielded look, but the bogus liner is a deal killer.

I agree.

Thanks, clearly one answer here. I thought the LBA chinstrap would have made it worth it as even cut down should be worth say £150? but I guess the issue is even if I sourced an original liner it'd be an extra £200 on top of the £450..

These helmets are mega money when mint - 3k+ but first decal luft's aren't my favourite - don't see them often though.

Quote by Liamc93 View Post
    Thanks, clearly one answer here. I thought the LBA chinstrap would have made it worth it as even cut down should be worth say £150? but I guess the issue is even if I sourced an original liner it'd be an extra £200 on top of the £450..

These helmets are mega money when mint - 3k+ but first decal luft's aren't my favourite - don't see them often though.
    The chinstrap has a split near the stud so this would devalue the strap anyway. I think it would be a false economy to buy this helmet.