Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler

Article about: I don’t recall if I have posted this one before. I pulled out the box with some transitionals and thought this one might be of interest. Luft trannies aren’t that common and examples wit

?

Great helmet Jim, especially with that rarely encountered pre '36 decal.

Very cool all the way around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler
    P
    Many

Jim, the second lot of photos are very interesting. I note that one of the pads has unusual stitching to two of the liner tongues. Haven’t seen this before but perhaps to strengthen them as this is the point at which they are often noted to tear. Perhaps experimental?

The second tranny is also a great example and a Bell L no less.

Thanks for showing,
    Andy

M38
    ?

Thanks Jim. Still not sure of interior dome color, looks from the latest pics like maybe it is green after all? Very unusual rivet configuration on both helmets but both helmets are great. My compliments. Are these from our mutual friend Al??

Cheers,
    Terry

Hi Terry, the dome is green. Unlike many of the oddballs i have, neither are from Mr. B, although he does have a Luft tranny configured like the thread starter, only his, not surprisingly, is in MUCH better condition. Hope all had a nice holiday! Cheers, Jim G.

Green dome indeed , I love the stories these transitional helmets tell.
    Nice pair Jim.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Green dome indeed , I love the stories these transitional helmets tell.
    Nice pair Jim.
    The frustrating part is trying to interpret the stories But that is also the fun part!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2