Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler

Article about: I don’t recall if I have posted this one before. I pulled out the box with some transitionals and thought this one might be of interest. Luft trannies aren’t that common and examples wit

Default Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler

I don’t recall if I have posted this one before. I pulled out the box with some transitionals and thought this one might be of interest. Luft trannies aren’t that common and examples with early droop tail birds are even less so. This one is brush painted blue, and still has the WWI vintage liner. It’s an M16, BF62. The most unique feature is the placement of the decals which suggest that this one was refurbished very early on before decal placement was standardized by regulation. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler   Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler  

Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler   Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler  

Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler   Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler  

Last edited by helmet2id; 11-28-2020 at 06:41 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler
    P
    Many

A really nice early one as you say Jim. Looks to even still have the WW1 green inside the dome. Not often you see the original early leather band inside a tranny. Very nearly bought one of these last month but the decals raised a lot of concerns amongst advanced collector friends so eventually I withdrew from the purchase.

Thanks for showing.
    Andy

MAP
    ?

Box #????

Nice example Jim. This one has a lot going for it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

M38
    ?

Great and rare example Jim. I find it particularly interesting that it appears to have WWII rivets holding in the WWI liner! Andy mentions that it looks green inside the dome but it looks gray to me? Maybe they removed the liner to paint it inside and out and the old WWI rivets broke at that time (they were more brittle than the WWII rivets) so had to be replaced? Just speculating, would like to hear your thoughts!

Cheers,
    Terry

Terry, I will take a closer look and post a few more pix of the interior taken in the daylight tomorrow. Hope all had a nice turkey day. Making the turkey soup tonight! Cheers, Jim G.

Yes, you might be right Terry. Just looked as though the interior is a lighter shade than the inside skirt however I guess the Luft paint may have also darkened with patina over the years. Can also see what looks like a little green below both decals but could perhaps be lacquer over the feldgrau making it look a little green. Certainly a rare bird and great example.

Andy

Hi Terry, Here are the interior pictures. I had forgotten the helmet was “named” and didn’t not it yesterday when I took the pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler   Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler  

Another tranny in the box, a BellL 64 Heer., also with set back decals. I know I posted this one before because another forum member has one in the exact same configuration.

The other forum member’s piece also had the rare feature of what I think are rubber washers between the heads of the split pins and the shell. Jim G.

Early M16 Luft Transitional - BF62 - Double Decal - Set Back - Early Droop Tail Adler  

Always great to see examples from your box of treasures Jim, keep them coming.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast