Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ET 64 cutout

Article about: I have this Converted ET 64 cutout and it has this strange eagle in front. It is more of a early style with the horizontal swastika. You can see it had a Heer decal at some point. Thanks for

?

Default ET 64 cutout

I have this Converted ET 64 cutout and it has this strange eagle in front. It is more of a early style with the horizontal swastika. You can see it had a Heer decal at some point. Thanks for in info on the eagle.

Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ET 64 cutout   ET 64 cutout  

ET 64 cutout   ET 64 cutout  

ET 64 cutout  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ET 64 cutout
    P
    Many

Hi, I would guess that adler was hand painted post war. If it were period I would have thought it would have at least been placed in the centre of the helmet. Leon.

I agree with Leon!....

I'm useless with these, but the liner is at least good. What do you mean by 'converted', that the helmet is a converted M18 or that it is a converted Heer?

?

Hello. By converted I mean the WWi liner was replaced and a Heer decal was added. Thanks for the opinions on the eagle.

It looks like an honest and slightly salty mid war reissue / 'transitional' (though not a true tranny as it was reworked long after the M35 was in service).

The eagle on the front could be vet art, his kids playing with it in the 60's, or Volkssturm if you are feeling particularly romantic. If the price was right I wouldn't skip it, they don't come up very often.

?

The VS used the painted eagle on the brow, there are 2 FJ helmets painted like that as well as others that are period. Hard to say for certain if period done though. A rare helmet nonetheless.

?

Hello. Thanks for the additional information. If it was period applied Volkssturm does make the most since.