Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Et62 m35

Article about: While re-shooting a few helmets recently, I pulled this one out which was my first M35 and first decaled helmet when I commenced collecting back in 2016. Definitely not a closet queen, this

Default Et62 m35

While re-shooting a few helmets recently, I pulled this one out which was my first M35 and first decaled helmet when I commenced collecting back in 2016. Definitely not a closet queen, this one obviously saw service at some point and shows signs of prolonged use. This one was in the previous owners collection since the 1970’s and was a veteran acquired purchase.

Manufactured by ET Eisenhüttenwerk AG, Thale Hartzuttenwerk AG, Thale Harz, the shell is a size 62 and and has a lot number of 3800. Interestingly there are two further stampings with what looks like a zero above the lot number and 2 below. Two theories I’ve come across are either to mark the shell as sample pressed from test steel for batch quality or an inspectors inspection stamp?? Apparently Ludwig Baer mentions this in his formative work on the German Steel helmet.

This example has a reinforced aluminium liner band and well used liner. There is a small name written in pencil on one side of the right side skirt and the annotation “Hank Hewey - 1945” painted in bright red paint inside the dome. The shell is finished in nice smooth factory apple green with the National shield showing light toning and crazing. The Heer decal had taken on a nice light golden tone but has suffered some hits.
    Et62 m35Et62 m35Et62 m35Et62 m35Et62 m35Et62 m35Et62 m35Et62 m35Et62 m35Et62 m35Et62 m35Et62 m35Et62 m35Et62 m35

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Et62 m35
    P
    Many

Nice original DD Andy.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Nice original DD Andy.
    Thanks Frank!

When looking at my photos again yesterday, I noticed yet another number stamped into the rear skirt. This time the number 4 to the right of the number 2. I’ve never seen an M35 with so many numbers stamped in the back. Unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll ever fully know what they referred to.
    Et62 m35

Nice helmet, funny how little things get missed!

Great looking helmet Andy. The apple green DD’s are a favourite of mine.

MAP
    ?

That is a looker Andy. Nice worn example but still rock solid.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

What a great looking helmet, I love that patina.

Fantastic little gem of a Helm Andy so much character indeed,overall a nice well used but still great on the eye,super nice

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Fantastic little gem of a Helm Andy so much character indeed,overall a nice well used but still great on the eye,super nice
    Thanks Jake! I like a helmet that adds a little intrigue and shows a little history. Just like the wear to the front underside of the visor which indicates continual handling at that location or the wear to the dome showing it was often sat on its dome.

Very nice! Good pictures :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast