Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ET66 Heer DD M35

Article about: Hello gents, I’m really trying to find myself a nice M35 DD, prices have gone nuts so it’s not an easy task finding a nice example in good shape that I can afford. This example looks bri

Default ET66 Heer DD M35

Hello gents, I’m really trying to find myself a nice M35 DD, prices have gone nuts so it’s not an easy task finding a nice example in good shape that I can afford. This example looks brilliant at first glance however I’m a little worried it has had a top layer of paint removed as I think I can see remnants of a darker green paint on top in places.

I would love to hear opinions, It’s in my budget and I love the size but if it’s messed with or something is off then I don’t want it.

Edit: these are the only pictures, I will ask for up close of the decals if needed.

Many Thanks everyone,
    Bodhi

ET66 Heer DD M35ET66 Heer DD M35ET66 Heer DD M35ET66 Heer DD M35ET66 Heer DD M35

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ET66 Heer DD M35
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I like the liner, liner band and paint. But want a close up of the decal as the decal is not an ET nor a Pocher. Looks more like an EF decal.

Would like to hear from others with more decal knowledge than I.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you Michael, I will be sure to ask for better pictures.

I’m glad yet also interested that you like the paint, am I being too cautious or is that darker green paint on top not something to be concerned with?

Bodhi

I'm not sure I see the green paint you're referring to. My eyes aren't trained for this.

I’ll show a picture where I think it’s pretty visible.

Here I can see a darker layer of paint ontop, now looking at it it almost appears as if there’s three layers of paint. Maybe I’m losing my mind but I’m pretty sure I see it.
    ET66 Heer DD M35

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    I’ll show a picture where I think it’s pretty visible.

Here I can see a darker layer of paint ontop, now looking at it it almost appears as if there’s three layers of paint. Maybe I’m losing my mind but I’m pretty sure I see it.
    ET66 Heer DD M35

Oh, on the side. It almost looks like staining of some kind, not paint, but I'm gonna shut my trap and wait for someone who actually knows what they're talking about give you a better opinion, lol!

Ha no worries Rusty, I appreciate everyone’s opinions!

MAP
    ?

I still think the paint is fine. Maybe with different photos or close ups around the decal I might change my mind.

I have an M35 or two that show similar characteristics (maybe not as pronounced).

ET66 Heer DD M35
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Still no pictures of the decals I’m afraid, I’ve not even got a response. It does have a certificate or authenticity from Bill Shea however I never rely on those nor would I assume it’s all good because of it.

I’ll try to ask again and see if I get a response.

I agree with Michael re: the paint and am not seeing anything contrived or made to deceive. The photos are quite poor as they have a lot of shadows on them etc and better photos would definitely assist, however my gut feeling is that it is the way the paint has patinated over the years etc, as seen in Michaels examples. In many cases we really don’t know what has happened to these helmets since 1945 and cleaning agents and storage can have also sorts of effects on them.

I’m of the opinion that if the dealer won’t go the extra mile to assist with some extra photos it’s not an acceptable response and would wait for another example. But I do hear you re: the prices.
    Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast