Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Factory Police Helmet - Stenciled Insignia

Article about: I have had this for quite a while. It is a factory police helmet, a civil M34 shell with bulged vents. It has no size stamps, but the liner is ink stamped 57, so it probably is a 58 shell. T

Default Factory Police Helmet - Stenciled Insignia

I have had this for quite a while. It is a factory police helmet, a civil M34 shell with bulged vents. It has no size stamps, but the liner is ink stamped 57, so it probably is a 58 shell. The shell is brush painted green, over what appears to me to be factory applied green paint. The insignia appears to have been stenciled. I do not know the name of the factory but a collector buddy of mine told me long ago that the manufacturer produced canned rations. I hadn't noticed until today that there are traces of white wash all over the shell. A forum member on GHW posted that he has a civil shell with a thick coat of white wash and he stated that sometimes the lightweight helmets were utilized in combat roles. Anyway, the white wash remains have been there for ever. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Factory Police Helmet - Stenciled Insignia   Factory Police Helmet - Stenciled Insignia  

Factory Police Helmet - Stenciled Insignia   Factory Police Helmet - Stenciled Insignia  

Factory Police Helmet - Stenciled Insignia   Factory Police Helmet - Stenciled Insignia  

Factory Police Helmet - Stenciled Insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Factory Police Helmet - Stenciled Insignia
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Factory Police Helmet - Stenciled Insignia

Do you know what the stenciled markings mean??? To my eye they look almost like Polish markings

?

Nice lid Jim, any ideas on the red band, fire protection, factory warden?

Really cool looking helmet I hope somebody has more information.

regards, Corey

?

Very nice civic Jim.

Sweet one, Jim!