Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fire helmet

Article about: Hi All, I have the opportunity to buy this civil type m34 helemt. My initial gut feeling however told me to check here first rather than just jump on it. Apologies about the photos, it's in

Default Fire helmet

Hi All,

I have the opportunity to buy this civil type m34 helemt. My initial gut feeling however told me to check here first rather than just jump on it.

Apologies about the photos, it's in a really small local antique shop and they're not fans of people "standing around" as it can get quite busy.
    Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fire helmet   Fire helmet  

Fire helmet   Fire helmet  

Fire helmet   Fire helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fire helmet
    P
    Many

The more I look at it, the more it looks as if the decal may have been applied over pre-existing damage. I'm not experienced with German helmets so I will eagerly await the experts

Matt

MAP
    ?

Really hard to see much from these photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for your reply. I'll try to head back today and get some better photos.
    It hopefully shouldn't be as busy.

Looks like a fake decal to me but better photos are always more helpful.

It's a post-war helmet (Mfg'd post 1945), the stamping DIN 14 940 confirms this. Beyond that the lack of detail seen in the decal would also lead to a post-war decal type.