Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

First German Helmet, first time forum user! M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal **PIC HEAVY!**

Article about: by Haydn Curtis It will be a long ride... i already want a second one... oh boy! Thanks again guys, Haydn Welcome to the circus buddy You could scrape off some matter from the underside of t

Default Re: First German Helmet, first time forum user! M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal **PIC HEAVY!**

Quote by Haydn Curtis View Post
    It will be a long ride... i already want a second one... oh boy!

Thanks again guys,
    Haydn
    Welcome to the circus buddy

You could scrape off some matter from the underside of the liner and apply Luminol (to the stuff you scraped off not the liner), then scan it with a UV light. Asking at a school etc might be your best bet. A science teacher would be able to help I'm sure.

Edit: I should add, generally it's best not to do anything to a helmet or mess with it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First German Helmet, first time forum user! M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal **PIC HEAVY!**
    P
    Many

Default Re: First German Helmet, first time forum user! M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal **PIC HEAVY!**

Finally got around to taking some pics for this topic and another one about blood damaged liners. This is my Luftwaffe lid with blood staining, and the leather has started to come away due to the iron in the blood eating away at it. I also have included pics of my M42, which the liner has fallen out because of the blood damage.

Cheers
    Jason
    First German Helmet, first time forum user! M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal **PIC HEAVY!**First German Helmet, first time forum user! M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal **PIC HEAVY!**First German Helmet, first time forum user! M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal **PIC HEAVY!**First German Helmet, first time forum user! M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal **PIC HEAVY!**First German Helmet, first time forum user! M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal **PIC HEAVY!**First German Helmet, first time forum user! M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal **PIC HEAVY!**First German Helmet, first time forum user! M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal **PIC HEAVY!**First German Helmet, first time forum user! M40 Luftwaffe Single Decal **PIC HEAVY!**

Excellent lid. You already know that you've done well.
    This helmet is what you call a 'keeper'.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Wow Haydn, a real good catch for your first helmet
    Congratulations.

Brad.

My personal opinion on it having blood stains is purely one of practical sense. Blood, as has been mentioned, eats away and destroys leather eventually. For that reason, I'd rather not have such a piece, but it is simply my personal preference. There are some who feel that the fact that someone apparently Died while wearing that particular helmet too and left his blood and brain tissue inside it is a turn off for ghoulish reasons, but there are others who have no such reservations about it. So, take it for what it's worth, I guess. It's a nice Luftwaffe helmet and it's quite absorbing trying to imagine the circumstances under which the wearer was killed. The Luftwaffe, of course, were not heavily known for their extensive front line combat experience, so how he met his end must have been a very interesting scenario.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Welcome to the circus buddy

You could scrape off some matter from the underside of the liner and apply Luminol (to the stuff you scraped off not the liner), then scan it with a UV light. Asking at a school etc might be your best bet. A science teacher would be able to help I'm sure.

Edit: I should add, generally it's best not to do anything to a helmet or mess with it.
    Luminol This IS THE Same Stuff I Sell TO THE FBI | eBay

- - Updated - -

Great lid!! Wish i had that one!

Nice Good shape single decal Luftwaffe helmet look M-35 can't say about the rest no battle damage to outside shell who knows. Good original find. timothy

?

Holy cow! I'd hit it for $350!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4