Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

First helmet destroyed

Article about: Hi guys so I remember my first helmet I ever bought it was a M34 civic police helmet or fire helmet with decent decals on it I sold it to a gun shop owner because it was not a combat helmet

Default First helmet destroyed

Hi guys so I remember my first helmet I ever bought it was a M34 civic police helmet or fire helmet with decent decals on it I sold it to a gun shop owner because it was not a combat helmet and I thought it was. So I sold the helmet and used the money to buy a m42. Well I went into the Gun shop to look at some guns obviously lol and I see the helmet hanging by the chinstrap with the decals scratched off for whatever reason it made me mad and made me want to ask what the heck he did and why but it was his helmet so I just walked out. It’s sad to see people destroying history still to this day.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First helmet destroyed
    P
    Many

He bought the helmet do devalue it and destroy it forever? Why? I cant understand such people...

Exactly my thought it just makes me wonder if someone told him that the Decals on the helmet was fake because he had a guy that worked for him that thought he knew everything about helmets and third Reich stuff but his collection is filled with fakes so I think that might be one reason but I did tell him the helmet was 100 percent authentic m34 helmet with authentic decals.

If he's a shop proprietor, and intended displaying the helmet in the shop, perhaps he thought that the decals might offend certain customers, which wouldn't be an unreasonable supposition.
    At the end of the day it's up to him what he does with it if he's bought it !
    It's not exactly unusual to find wartime helmets which have been defaced or tampered with post-war, and one less M34 with decals is not going to represent a huge loss to collecting !

What a shame, and why buy a helmet just to destroy it. Even if the decals were fake, I personally would prefer an undamaged helmet with fake decals to one that’s been scratched up.

Never fails to amaze me the things people will do. Let’s hope they don’t get their hands on anymore helmets. I hope you cheer up about it!

Regards,
    Bodhi

CGR
    ?

Yep thats a shame. Reminds me of the lady on ebay a year or 2 ago that listed a DD German Helmet that she purchased at an Estate Sale and when she saw the warning ebay gives about listing such things with offensive emblems etc she said in her listing she scratched them off and it was a beauty of a helmet before she did that.
    Also I talked to a seller recently that asked me if I collected Militaria and said he might have some stuff I might be interested in. When I said I collect WW2 German mostly he cut off communication with me.