Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

First Post - Inherited German Helmets, Help

Article about: Hi All First of all let me say Hi I have been viewing the site as a guest recently and took the plunge to sign up and seek your assistance ,if you dont mind! My Father passed away last year

If you have any ww1 German items, Iam sure all of us in the Imperial
    forum would be more than happy to take a look.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Post - Inherited German Helmets, Help
    P
    Many

Offers to buy and/or sell are not allowed in a thread. Please cease such posts as we have a for sale section to covere these matters. If this behavior continues, the thread will be closed and deleted
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I think you received all the advice we can give here about your helmets based on the quick snapshots , if you need advice on the other items best open a topic in the appropriate forum.
    I agree.
    Each should be posted separately.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

I myself don't wish to purchase anything , I only commented in order to help a new member navigate the forum .

Ok Guys i have Box number 4 which contains 6 helmets
    I will, as requested, list them up one by one on separate threads in a second so please look out for my posts!
    Thank you in advance

Helmet 2 from Box 3 - the para helmet - looks really nice and unmessed with. As a rough guide, if it's wartime it's worth several hundred pounds but it's still well collectable even if post war, in which case worth considerably less but still a three-figure sum. I don't know what the painted insignia is; if it's a training school, say, it will not add to the value in the same way as an active service unit.

I don't collect or know about German helmets but even I can see there are some horrendous howlers in here. It's probably best if you don't think about what your Dad might have paid for them and just consider every pound you can recoup as new money... And it's not all bad as there's at least one good one in here so there may be more!

Add: I've just found this page which shows the sign on your helmet as airborne RAOC (Royal Army Ordnance Corps). So not quite as exciting as the Parachute Regiment itself, but still good and a lot better than a training school in the depths of Wales!

Hi All
    Been some time since i first posted here.
    Just a quick heads up to say that i am selling the helmets that i have posted on here, some are already on ebay and the others are to follow.
    I know a few of you had contacted me asking to let you know.
    I can also ship world wide.
    My ebay username is mbu321
    Thanks again for all your help and i do hope that some members end up winning a few items!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6