Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Former Double Decal M35 - Combat Overpaint - Named

Article about: Here is another combat vet, a former double decal helmet (of what branch who knows) to which a coat of rough grey paint was brush applied in the field for camouflage purposes. You can make o

Default Former Double Decal M35 - Combat Overpaint - Named

Here is another combat vet, a former double decal helmet (of what branch who knows) to which a coat of rough grey paint was brush applied in the field for camouflage purposes. You can make out the silhouette of the decal on the left, which clearly is not a Luft Adler, but I can't determine what is under the paint, and I can't make out anything on the right. Maybe it was scraped before the over paint. Anyway, it is a Q64, lot # 742, with an unreinforced aluminum banded liner with stained but supple leather and a complete but broken chin strap, named to Heer Bocker. Nothing exotic, just a solid combat used piece that to me screams "been there!" Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Former Double Decal M35 - Combat Overpaint - Named   Former Double Decal M35 - Combat Overpaint - Named  

Former Double Decal M35 - Combat Overpaint - Named   Former Double Decal M35 - Combat Overpaint - Named  

Former Double Decal M35 - Combat Overpaint - Named   Former Double Decal M35 - Combat Overpaint - Named  

Former Double Decal M35 - Combat Overpaint - Named  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Former Double Decal M35 - Combat Overpaint - Named
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

Very nice Jim. I am a big fan of M35 reissues and repaints, especially the ones with the early liner left in place. Congrats!

Cheers,
    Terry
    Last edited by M38; 12-24-2017 at 10:11 PM.

I agree with Terry about reissues - there's something down and dirty about them. Like you say 'been there done that'. Presumably quite an early M35 if with unreinforced aluminium liner?
    Nick

Very nice been there Helmet

The perfect patina to my eye.

MAP
    ?

I'm glad there are others that enjoy these helmets as well. (Although I'm still waiting for my minty 1936 DD M35 Heer )

Beautiful lid Jim and Merry Christmas
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice Jim, good to see a nice re-issue. Leon.

Great "been there" Helmet Jim...............