Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Genuine german helmet?

Article about: What´s your opinon on this piece? Can´t find any markings or stamps on it.

Quote by GreekMilitaria View Post
    i think its original but certainly messed up try looking better for the markings sometimes they are barely visible through the rust do you know where to look for?
    Not really no. Sure like to get some guidance😊

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine german helmet?
    P
    Many

.: World War Helmets - Casque M35/50 :.
    Have a shufti at the lids on the link, the vents look very similar to the OP or is it my tired old eyes?...

MAP
    ?

Quote by CarbonArt View Post
    Not really no. Sure like to get some guidance😊
    There should be a lot/ batch number on the inside rear skirt. Plus a maker and size number in the inside skirt near where the chinstrap would be. But with rust and stuff might be impossible to see.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    There should be a lot/ batch number on the inside rear skirt. Plus a maker and size number in the inside skirt near where the chinstrap would be. But with rust and stuff might be impossible to see.
    Yepp. Impossible

Do you think the green metallic (?!) paint is original? If not, is there any good methods getting rid of it without damaging the other paint?

Ok. I have managed to find markings. "ET66" on the left side of the skirt and "73" on the back of the skirt.
    Perhaps you guys can tell me a little bit more with this information?
    Hard to get really good pics.

Genuine german helmet?Genuine german helmet?

ET is the maker mark for the manufacturing plant of Eisenhuttenwerke from Thale. 66 is the size of the shell. 73 is part of the lot number but should be a 4 digit number.

Steve

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    ET is the maker mark for the manufacturing plant of Eisenhuttenwerke from Thale. 66 is the size of the shell. 73 is part of the lot number but should be a 4 digit number.

Steve
    Well, I now made some own research and apparently the ET batches started with no.1. In that case my 73 could be correct. When looking at the marking I believe 73 is the only digits.

Quote by CarbonArt View Post
    Well, I now made some own research and apparently the ET batches started with no.1. In that case my 73 could be correct. When looking at the marking I believe 73 is the only digits.
    Yes you are correct the second sequence of numbering does start at 1. Late 1940. Batch 73 is shown as single decal Luft.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2