Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....

Article about: There is a new helmet book, German Combat Helmets 1933 – 1945 by Peter J Nash. We must warn collectors that this book is full of fake helmets!! Page after page with fake helmets and decals s

I find it hilarious that both Frank and Anders have been painted as the "bad guys" for exposing this book on some of the FB pages, one particularly made me chuckle was

"I think you need to learn some manners Herr Lehrman, as does the person who wrote the material in the link you have offered us..." posted by a twonk!

and the best which defends you Frank in a sea of insults............
    "Well thank you Shwerpunkt73, without your informative blog we would never know of the Nashs' "many high amount of fake helmets". Thank you for saving the collecting community from those sneaky charlatans!" and some deluded poor soul wrote....."

"As a historian and an archivist, it is very disheartening to read of the ill response of Peter Nash’s newest book, I have been collecting for about 13 years, and I have been trying to soak up all of the knowledge that I can from the old-timers who have been in the field for decades. With that said it is truly sad that this field of study has now lost a library of knowledge due to haters.

Frank, all I can say is your latest blog on the item in question is so funny I fell off my chair, for those of you that have not read it, you are missing a treat
    Peter Nash’s book deconstructed in 1 2 3 – German Helmet Vault

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....
    P
    Many

Updated copy of the book title ,credit Deathshead , over on WAF ,hilarious regards Paul
    German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....

""As a historian and an archivist, it is very disheartening to read of the ill response of Peter Nash’s newest book," (see #31)

What a load of nonsense. Any historian or archivist worth their salt would expect any publication purporting to be authoritative, must and will face rigorous peer review and debate. Otherwise any fool can write anything, unchallenged. This is a new publication in an arena where there is already much knowledge and prior published work.
    Mr Nash has simply received the review from his peers, and they are unimpressed. As the saying goes "If you can't stand the heat..."

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    The sad part about all of this is he will be remembered for a very bad combat helmet book, and not a very good buckle book
    Sorry John but must disagree with you there, don't know anything about helmets but the buckle book is actually one of better ones on the market ( I know a little about buckles). Even now we know much more about buckles from the Nash and Angolia days its still not a bad book
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Sorry John but must disagree with you there, don't know anything about helmets but the buckle book is actually one of better ones on the market ( I know a little about buckles). Even now we know much more about buckles from the Nash and Angolia days its still not a bad book
    Ben you mis read my quote buddy..... should be reading it as ........ and not...... a very good buckle book. Not ......and not a very good buckle book. I have it. And I use it often. So yes I think it is a very good buckle book......confused 😂😂

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Ben you mis read my quote buddy..... should be reading it as ........ and not...... a very good buckle book. Not ......and not a very good buckle book. I have it. And I use it often. So yes I think it is a very good buckle book......confused 😂😂
    Or, if I may; "remembered for a very bad helmet book rather than a very good buckle book"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I cant add anything to the discussion aside from, what kind of person trys to make a historical /reference book using info from Wikipedia?

Hello,
    I sometimes use Wikipedia, i correct wrong infos on Wikipedia when i do have time and german military official texts to do so.
    I don't know the English version, but on the german and french versions, they're some very accurate articles/infos about the german army. Everytime i've seen an info with the date or the text of its offcial adoption on Wikipedia, i checked in my files (AHM, HV or KsTn etc...) and the info was correct. Wikipedia is just what people want to make of it, when posters are serious wikipedia is accurate.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

I would say it’s good for getting the gist of a subject or item, but nothing else. And I would agree that German Wikipedia is better as I have researched obscure anti tanks guns using it that didn’t exist on the English Wikipedia.

Thanks one and all for highlighting this sorry tale of truly awful mis-information. I did not read this thread earlier as I was a tad busy, but it has sadly brought to the fore all that we would wish was not happening out there. A shame the text cannot be altered to provide a great reference book on fake decals!!! Leon.

John, not on FB myself and for good reasons. At least on forums you have some sort of controlled environment that some Neo Nazi jerk off or someone who's totally not involved with helmet collecting can slag you just because he thinks the other side is making a better show.
    That whole 'the world' can comment and have an opinion is what is wrong with many websites. Every news site has their pseudo geopolitical experts giving opinions on how the world should be run. The same thing happens with this item on FB I suppose.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast