Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The German helmet!?

Article about: Hi everyone, could anyone give me a couple of pointers with this? Found this helmet in the yard few weeks ago. Wondering or it could be German helmet (M1935 Pattern 64cm Single Decal Kriegsm

oldm
    ?

Default The German helmet!?

Hi everyone, could anyone give me a couple of pointers with this? Found this helmet in the yard few weeks ago. Wondering or it could be German helmet (M1935 Pattern 64cm Single Decal Kriegsmarine Combat Helmet) ? I hope someone can give me a link where I can find more information about this helmet. so to recognize this helmet, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

The German helmet!?The German helmet!?The German helmet!?The German helmet!?The German helmet!?

2. # ADS

Hi and welcome to the forum, I think you have an M40 (possibly M35, hard to tell) HEER helmet ,not KRIEGSMARINE, that has had the vent holes "plugged". That was maybe done post war to turn the helmet into a bucket/flowerpot/cooking pot etc. As for the large fracture, it could be from a "pot shot" or down to frozen water expanding inside the shell rather than a missile strike. Leon.