Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German helmet

Article about: German helmet I am in doubt about this helmet, is it a M40/M42, producer etc. All id/ comments are welcome There has been a mark/ stamp on the front, but that can have been all sort of thing

Default German helmet

German helmet

I am in doubt about this helmet, is it a M40/M42, producer etc. All id/ comments are welcome
    There has been a mark/ stamp on the front, but that can have been all sort of things
    Color is green
    Stamp inside helmet 71, is this the makers mark (I cannot find it on Google)
    Stamp at the leather 57 (must be size)

The helmet is without rivets

Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet   German helmet  

German helmet   German helmet  

German helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet
    P
    Many

Its a post-war West German police helmet. The Bundesgrenzschutz helmets tended to have a textured finish. Also referred to as the M53... they can be found with or without air vents.

Hi there,

Edit - Question answered by Harry as I was commenting.

+1 ..... Bundesgrenzschutz ( Federal border guards ) ..... but a nice example of one !!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you very much, though it is post war it is OK, normally I only collect from wwii this one cheated me :-)

Regards
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Thank you very much, though it is post war it is OK, normally I only collect from wwii this one cheated me :-)

Regards
    John
    Still a nice helmet to own. Plus it is just another step in the evolution of these helmets starting in 1916 to the modern era.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

wish I still had my one!! could get them in the disposals stores down here back in the early 2000's