Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German helmet factories today

Article about: Hey guys, Apologies if this has already been posted before, but I thought it would be interesting to look at what the 5 main producers of the German helmets look like today, and their locati

Default German helmet factories today

Hey guys,
    Apologies if this has already been posted before, but I thought it would be interesting to look at what the 5 main producers of the German helmets look like today, and their location from Google Earth.
    Hope you guys enjoy!

First factory is Emaillierwerke A.G. (EF)

Eisenhüttenwerke (ET)

Quist (Q)

Vereinigte Deutsche Nikelwerke (NS)

and finally Sächsische Emaillier und Stanzwerke (SE)

I don't know if this factory still exists, but here is an estimate of its location

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet factories today
    P
    Many

Interesting to see where some of our helmets were "born"!

Interesting. I didnt know that so many of these factories survived the war. I have to wonder if they have stacks of mint helmets in their basements. Probably nit, but a man can dream.

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    Interesting. I didnt know that so many of these factories survived the war. I have to wonder if they have stacks of mint helmets in their basements. Probably nit, but a man can dream.
    you put a nice dream in my head I am thinking of it now.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Cool pictures, first time I saw them. There is probably at least 1 mint helmet, caches are found from time to time. This could probably be one of the (rare chance though).

Anyone know if Bundeswehr helmets are made in Germany still? I read on a website that Flecktarn uniforms are not made in Germany. (not sure if site is credible).

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    Im sure there is a cache out there some where, yet to be discovered

Okay guys my original post was a joke but it looks like there may have been a grain of truth. I have been doing some research and found this basement stash of practically mint, untouched helmets! http://tinyurl.com/helmetstash

If I can 'piggyback' onto Ninelives' great thread on the helmet factories, I can add some more information.

Firstly, the SE factory in Lauter. The Sachsische Emailler und Stanzwerke ( Saxon Enamelling & substance Factory )
    is now trading as OMERAS, still doing enameling and metal cladding for buildings.

The new works are behind the old wartime factory which is being ( has been ) demolished.

The old factory is along the K1192 road and the photo was taken where the red star is.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The Emaillerwerk AG, Fulda ( Enamelling Factory ) or EF as we know it was one of the last factories added to the production list.
    The firm also used slave labour most likely in the form of Russian men and women.

German helmet factories todayGerman helmet factories todayGerman helmet factories today
    The Enamelling factory in Fulda still exists …… but part of it has been converted into a shopping mall and retail precinct!!!!!

As for Quist - well they stopped making helmets in 1960, & filed for Bankruptcy in 1981.

Located next to the cutlery firm of Freidrich Dick ( which relocated to another city in 1997 ) the old Quist factory survived proposed demolition in the 1990's because of it's heritage construction and like Dick, its history in Esslingen as a silverware maker ( just don't mention the war! )

Both the factory's iconic named chimneys survive and the buildings have achieved monument listings so unlike the SE factory, wont be demolished, thankfully!!

Cheers, Dan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast