Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

german helmet to ID

Article about: hello what do you think about this helmet?my friend asked me to identificate the originality.the painted decal is obviously modern.the liner is looking like from some other helmet in my opin

Default german helmet to ID

hello what do you think about this helmet?my friend asked me to identificate the originality.the painted decal is obviously modern.the liner is looking like from some other helmet in my opinion it is attached on leather strap that is totally unknown for me in this type of helmets but honestly i didnt seen much so maybe is it a good one?the paint also concerns me,the traces seen on one of photos can be a traces of a brush?at least the shell have a chance to be a good one?what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german helmet to ID   german helmet to ID  

german helmet to ID   german helmet to ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german helmet to ID
    P
    Many

few more shots
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german helmet to ID   german helmet to ID  

Shots of the liner?

sorry my mistake
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german helmet to ID  

The critical shot is of the painted tri color - it could possibly be Reichswehr . From what I see I think the liner is a recent replacement, so I am not too optimistic about the shield. The liner is a real interwar liner but it looks like it was recently installed by a collector. The shell is real.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 01-11-2022 at 01:47 PM.

Thank You for the answer, what do You think about the green paint?

These were often painted by hand during this early period, so brush strokes aren’t an issue but we would need to see some closeups of the paint evaluate if it is period. The shields were also hand painted on the very early examples, so as Jim said, we need some closeups of the shield. At glance and with these poor images, I do like the colour of the paint.

Looks put together to me with a post war painted shield.

Thank You for the answers gents, i think that in next few days i will have a chance to see this helmet and i will try to make some better photos.
    Regards

hello fellows
    today i had an option to take some additional shots of the helmet,the light wasnt the best but i think it will be a little better
    both liner and chintstrap are marked hbak 1927 so what was once written i think its an ''added'' original one.
    the green paint looks old for me its hard to take a photo whith the exaclty colour,but after a searching the web i saw a few similiar reichwehr issue ones with very similiar brush traces so i give it a chance.i dont have any knowledge about ow should be lookind an original weimar era painted shield for me its a too elastic topic so please take a look on it
    best regards
    (more photos in my next reply)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast