Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German helmet m35 foreign volunteer helmet ????

Article about: Luv your new avatar Andy sure i've seen that helmet somewhere recently oh yeh on here

?

Default German helmet m35 foreign volunteer helmet ????

Hello
    I picked this up yesterday at a flea market its all complete with chinstrap
    its painted black with a white swastika it has a yellowish tint
    the liner band appears to ne dated 1943 i cant make out the maker
    what are your thoughts on this real or motorcycle helmet
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet m35 foreign volunteer helmet ????   German helmet m35 foreign volunteer helmet ????  

German helmet m35 foreign volunteer helmet ????   German helmet m35 foreign volunteer helmet ????  

German helmet m35 foreign volunteer helmet ????   German helmet m35 foreign volunteer helmet ????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet m35 foreign volunteer helmet ????
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German helmet m35 foreign volunteer helmet ????

more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet m35 foreign volunteer helmet ????   German helmet m35 foreign volunteer helmet ????  

sorry but paint and painted insignia are new maybe motor biker dont no. but not ww2. the helmet and liner look ww2.

Hi, this is a genuine but repainted helmet. Repainted helmets are not worth much but it looks like you have a genuine liner and possibly chinstrap which does have value, though the condition is not very good. Assuming you didnt pay a lot for it, I would say you did well. Its an M40 helmet rather than an M35 (though this is a subtle distinction that collectors use) due to the change in the design of the ventilation hole in that year.

Looks as if someone has ruined a good WWII helmet by recently painting it black and adding the reversed hakenkreuz, bummer
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Hi, this is a genuine but repainted helmet. Repainted helmets are not worth much but it looks like you have a genuine liner and possibly chinstrap which does have value, though the condition is not very good. Assuming you didnt pay a lot for it, I would say you did well. Its an M40 helmet rather than an M35 (though this is a subtle distinction that collectors use) due to the change in the design of the ventilation hole in that year.
    It's an M35...

Ok, where have I gone wrong?

Bit of a shame that the helmet has been repainted when so many are sold without liners and pins,and here is one complete with both only to ruined I.M.H.O.............

?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Ok, where have I gone wrong?
    Well, on the ventholes. They are separate rivets in the helmetshell. Clearly M35.

+1 on everything. The extra layers of paint make it look a bit like an M40 but it is an M35, and produced by Quist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast