Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German Helmet Resource Book - 'Germany's Combat Helmets 33-45' by Ken N

Article about: Pleased to say that yesterday this resource book was delivered - 'Germany's Combat Helmets 1933-1945' by Ken Niewiarowicz. It was Michael he told me that a good resource book was invaluable

Quote by ChewiOne View Post
    Thanks Frank - are these fake decals in the book? What's wrong with them?
    My copy is the 3rd print i think.
    Nick.
    Let's say that the DRK round bottom is today considered post war / seventies made decal. The second RAD type I have never ever seen on a good shell. The Org Todt I have never ever seen as an original , even one Ken sold from his own collection (a late war M42 Q black overpaint??)was no good.
    Each of these decals in case a helmet is deemed legit should be first looked at with a USB magnifier but in 20 years of collection I have not seen anyone post a remotely good RAD second type or Org Todt decalled helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmet Resource Book - 'Germany's Combat Helmets 33-45' by Ken N
    P
    Many

..Interesting coment re buying a PDF copy....I bet ol' Ken sees nothing from that transaction either!

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Let's say that the DRK round bottom is today considered post war / seventies made decal. The second RAD type I have never ever seen on a good shell. The Org Todt I have never ever seen as an original , even one Ken sold from his own collection (a late war M42 Q black overpaint??)was no good.
    Each of these decals in case a helmet is deemed legit should be first looked at with a USB magnifier but in 20 years of collection I have not seen anyone post a remotely good RAD second type or Org Todt decalled helmet.
    Thanks Frank. This is good insider information and duly noted. Appreciated, Nick.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    ..Interesting coment re buying a PDF copy....I bet ol' Ken sees nothing from that transaction either!
    I've heard about these pdf "books" (not this one) and were told that they were all pirated as well. Would be interesting to learn more.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

From what I've learned most are indeed "pirate" ...although it could be the result of a clever dual-media approach to distribution or the result of market demand v print run...in summary, older folk with funds like / buy books....younger folk use smartphones and anything they can get to minimise spend

.........don't get me started....

Unless you're JK Rowling, these authors don't get much money either. My sister just wrote a book which is selling well, but she'll make about £10k. It took her 8 months to write. I expect Ken's book netted him less.

From what I've learned, the ONLY issue is WHY is one writing a book?

If it's to make your fortune....you won't (unless you've discovered the next annoying be-spectacled kid with a wand). If it's to get YOUR message across ...you will....but only to about 700 people (so stats tell me). If it's to get SOME of your message across in a way your PUBLISHER prefers.....you will, to about 700 people but won't be out of pocket ...but won't be rich......and either way, some git will scan and sell e-copies until someone who has even less respect for your time, costs, hard work etc simply throws a link to a PDF'd copy on a forum.....and the first aknowledgement / communication you'll get will be some n*b from Swindon telling you that the photograph on page 127 was actually taken from the other side of the road that's actually stated in the caption.......and then you die...in poverty...and they find a garage full of unsold copies of a book about something which, unless it has a swastika on, no-one gives a flying **** about. But hey.........

Quote by Composite View Post
    From what I've learned, the ONLY issue is WHY is one writing a book?

If it's to make your fortune....you won't (unless you've discovered the next annoying be-spectacled kid with a wand). If it's to get YOUR message across ...you will....but only to about 700 people (so stats tell me). If it's to get SOME of your message across in a way your PUBLISHER prefers.....you will, to about 700 people but won't be out of pocket ...but won't be rich......and either way, some git will scan and sell e-copies until someone who has even less respect for your time, costs, hard work etc simply throws a link to a PDF'd copy on a forum.....and the first aknowledgement / communication you'll get will be some n*b from Swindon telling you that the photograph on page 127 was actually taken from the other side of the road that's actually stated in the caption.......and then you die...in poverty...and they find a garage full of unsold copies of a book about something which, unless it has a swastika on, no-one gives a flying **** about. But hey.........
    So when is your book coming out Ade?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

...nicely done JB......."TBA" I think is the best way to answer that as still bits to sort....but a lot fewer bits than there were a year ago!

"unless it has a swastika on, no-one gives a flying **** about. But hey........."

Hahahahahaa love it!.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast