Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Helmets at my show

Article about: Guy just brought a couple boxes of helmets in the show with really good prices. Usually if it's too good, there's a reason. The two I like are the 1918 helmet for 200 and the white fire helm

Default German Helmets at my show

A friend just brought a couple boxes of helmets in the show with really good prices. Usually if it's too good, there's a reason. The ones I like are the 1918 helmet for 200 and the M40 for 115. and there is a white fire helmet that is aluminum.
    Other helmets are a square dip looking luftshultz and a lufty with no liner. Each of the other helmets are about 100 a pop.
    Last edited by SimonSorenKam; 07-17-2021 at 10:34 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmets at my show
    P
    Many

I can't post pics from my phone. Ill post them when I get home.

There were helmets in two large bins. I was picking out a couple, I chose a 1918, a luftshultz helmet and a Lufty with no liner. I was making a deal for them when the guy standing next to me motioned over my friends dad. He said "I'll take them all, make me a deal", even as I had a stack to buy. The dad put them all back into the bins and the guy took all but 3.
    My buddy apologized to me and got told his friend about what happened and he sold me a helmet that had fallen out of the bin. He really just gave me the weird fire helmet (one of the ones the guy didn't take). He also made me a great deal on a 1" bore signal cannon.

Here is the one I ended up with. I actually really like this one best. Looks like a name may have been painted in it. Wish I could read it.

Here is my door prize. Don't know what I'm going to do with it, but it's fun. Heck it glows in the dark. My Nephew is going to love it, or my kids when I have them.

MAP
    ?

You did well. The M16 with 1917 Steel liner band (its not an M18) was good for the price.

The Fire Helmet is post war but very cool. I think there are some old threads on these if you can dig them up.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks. The one in the pile I thought was a 1918. the one I ended up with I knew was a bit older. Didn't catch the 1917 liner.

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    Thanks. The one in the pile I thought was a 1918. the one I ended up with I knew was a bit older. Didn't catch the 1917 liner.
    A nice M16 Helmet Simon, you’ve done very well!

The main distinguishing feature with the M18 is the lack of M91 chinstrap posts inside the shell and and lower rivets that protrude on the outside, along with the M17 steel liner band. The shells for 16/17/18 were all the same except for the Ear cut-out model and also the different shells produced by the various manufacturers.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Some free time so did a bit of digging on the fire police helmet for you.

It is made by LS aka Linneman-Schnetzer

Here is a blog post on these

Four Bees: Deutsch Feuerwehrhelm, West German Fire Helmet 1992

You can find these on eBay, quite cheap. Here is one such listing

ORIGINAL SCHUBERTH FEUERWEHRHELM F110 VISIER / NACKENSCHUTZ FEUERWEHR THW HELM | eBay
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the education. I've just been getting into WW1 helmets for my collection. This is my first.

I didn't take pictures of it, but there was another one there another guy had, it was labeled as a transitional helmet. It definitely had an M40 liner in it (owner said he thought it was correct for an early issue) and an eagle decal on one side (I was suspect) and the decal on the other was scratched off. The decals were centered directly under the vent holes. Took a pass on it, as I am just starting my WW1 education and it was 650.00. The one I got was less than 300 and I liked it better for my WW1 collection.
    Would that be anywhere near a correct kind of helmet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast